PO Soon: Cursive - Ugly Organ Deluxe Remastered 2LP

gmoney

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in this release. The only extras are songs that have already officially released. I was hoping for some demos or live stuff. I still ordered immediately, but I'm sure there is more in the vault that would be awesome to hear! I hope Saddle Creek does more of these reissues soon!

...like the good life's back catalog...

c'mon PETE.  give us the good news!

• 3 weeks later...

What swag is SC sending out with this?

Big Harp poster, Tim Kasher poster and sticker (appropriate), and Pujol sticker. Also the regular handwritten note that I have come to expect from them. :) Oh and a Rural Alberta Advantage postcard. Nothing crazy. Ususally they try to make the swag relevant. For instance, a couple years ago I ordered the Bright Eyes reissues bundle thing and I got a couple different posters from Digital Ash/ Wide Awake era and one from Cassadaga era. Then random stickers. Always Pujol. I bet EVERY person who orders from SC gets at least one Pujol thing.

Got my copy the other day but haven't had a chance to open or spin it yet. Hoping to do that this weekend. 

Listening to the DL the past two days and remembering how much I fucking love this record. The Recluse is too good. I'm also happy with the extra tracks, "Excerpts from various notes..." could be my favorite Cursive song.