DC Cinematic Universe Thread

I kind of have a feeling people don't know how rotten tomatoes works. :ph34r:

That said, I'm not surprised by the reception. Not because I'd think there's any snyder conspiracy like many tend to believe, but simply because there were so many red flags in the previously released footage.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not but I do know how it works. Just posting for conversation.

Nah, it was aimed at the post above mine that implies the percentages represent a qualitative rating. All in good fun though. :)

Relax. I know how RT works. I don't need a lecture on something I know about. I'm just pretty much parodying the panic people are having in certain social sites and message boards. Plus I'll see the film and I'll make my own judgment of it. I was honestly never hyped about this film but it certainly doesn't help when the critics can't even get behind a major film for WB that is suppose to be the building block for DCCU. My guess is that it's going to have a great opening week like MoS, but then have a sizable dropoff unless April is a terrible month for other film.

Just came back, I thought it was pretty good. Maybe it was a bit too long and too much to take in at once (which, in my opinion, prevented it from being great) but it's absolutely worth watching. Don't let the negative reviews fool you.

Also, all that bullshit about Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot being bad casting choices proved to be utter nonsense. Jesse Eisenberg did a decent job as well.

I thought it was awesome. I must've seen a different movie than others. And yes, the "universe" I think is find for other movies. I thought the action was great and Batman was awesome. Can't wait for the batman spin offs or really any of the spin off character movies. Overall I loved the movie. Can't wait to see it again.

I liked it. Better than bother avengers movies. Kinda wish there was more Batman though if anyone else gets what I'm saying. Wonder woman is muy caliente. Also Amy Adams ugh love her

Oh I get what you're saying! I heard there's going to be at least one batman spinoff movie with Affleck even directing it. Don't know that for sure but I think I heard that from a friend.

I can definitely see why people would dislike this movie, my only complaints are the forced scenes of convincing us The Justice Leage is going to happen, and the sloppy directing. It honestly felt like they were trying to do 2 different movies and thought it would work as one concise creation. Maybe it would've been better off if they did a MoS sequel, and then do a Justice Leage prequel. All in all though I can't say I didn't enjoy it, oh and I know this probably isn't a popular opinion but I loved Jessie as Lex, I'm a sucker for that guy and I don't know why.

The script was really complete crap.  They lifted material from a few major DC comic pieces and seemed to actively try to distance themselves from those pieces by removing the bits that made those plots function.  

The biggest miss is that Batman had a really flimsy reason to be Vs Superman and it could have easily been fixed.

The superman scenes in the beginning bored me. I enjoyed the Batman scenes. Hell I even enjoyed the Lex Luther scenes. Just never liked Superman I guess.

After seeing it though, I'm most excited for a Wonder Woman movie. I don't really care about what old batman would do outside of Justice League. The only standalone batman movie that interests me right now is a prequel story. I want to know what happened up to this point.