DC Cinematic Universe Thread

The most recent images from EW were awkward and slightly campy. The previous trailer was incredibly uninteresting and showed a total lack of focus. Really poorly selected shots and bits of dialogue. Together with everything coming out surrounding the immediate successor, (from the pop-culture-aware self-referencing joker to the ghetto gang squad), the entire universe felt completely out of place tonally. The entire thing came across as a grandfather's attempt at guessing what the kids are into these days.

This new trailer was much more coherent, contextually balanced and visually appealing. But maybe it's just me. :)

OK now I'm with you

Does anyone really know the plot to the SS movie? I mean, I understand what the SS is and how they are developed, but who is the villian (or if they are the villian, who is the hero)?

I have a feeling that they're gong to keep the villain pretty close to the chest (I mean they haven't even revealed who the baddie in Bats v Supes is going to be yet and that comes out sooner). Either that or the Joker ends up being the villain. He's not a member of the Suicide Squad but obviously has an important role in the movie, so him being the villain makes a little bit of sense.

I have a feeling that they're gong to keep the villain pretty close to the chest (I mean they haven't even revealed who the baddie in Bats v Supes is going to be yet and that comes out sooner). Either that or the Joker ends up being the villain. He's not a member of the Suicide Squad but obviously has an important role in the movie, so him being the villain makes a little bit of sense.

The Batman vs Superman villain is supposedly Doomsday. But that was according to a plot leak sometime ago. There's always Lex Luthor, we know he's in it, kinda like your Joker theory maybe?

Doomsday feels like something they would wait on? Like for once the league is assembled. Maybe just me but feels like introducing doomsday right off the bat is blowing your was a little early in the game if you're setting up a franchise.

I guess the end could be Batman and Superman putting aside their differences for a large villain and then that sets up JL.

Just realized they teased Robin's suit in the BvS trailer.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/robin-costume-spotted-in-batman-v-superman-trailer/

I thought that's what that was. But also the fact that there's HAHA's and stuff all over it.. are we expecting the Joker to be in this movie? Seems a bit crowded already. But if Lex and the joker are in it, plus I assume Bat vs Supes will be the main plot, at least for the first act... do we need a bigger villain or all ya'll big Spiderman 3 fans?

I thought that's what that was. But also the fact that there's HAHA's and stuff all over it.. are we expecting the Joker to be in this movie? Seems a bit crowded already. But if Lex and the joker are in it, plus I assume Bat vs Supes will be the main plot, at least for the first act... do we need a bigger villain or all ya'll big Spiderman 3 fans?

I don't think Joker is actually in it. Speculation is that this is to get Robin introduced into these grittier DC movies, but supposedly this may be the suit that belonged to a now dead Robin who was killed previously by Joker. That way, next batman movie they can bring in a new Robin as a sidekick maybe.

Or heck, even go back and do that as a movie. I'd watch that shit.