DC Cinematic Universe Thread

• 6 months later...

I hope I'm wrong but it's giving me vibes that feel similar to that batman movie, in that all the characters seem very cartoony, considering this new DC universe is supposed to have more "realism".

I'm assuming you're referring to Batman & Robin. I see almost no similarities between the two. The aesthetics, humor, acting, and action all look way different (and better).

And frankly the DC universe would benefit from the dose of camp and weirdness that the trailer hints that Suicide Squad will have.

Still eh on this. I don't know how you top Nolan Batman.... The trailer looked cool until Wonder Woman poped up. Too many super heroes for one flick.

I don't think anyone is expecting it to be better than any of the Nolan films. I highly doubt any of the DCCU stuff will be as good as the weakest of the three DK: Rises.

I definitely back Wonder Woman being in it and Gal Godot seems right on for the role. I don't back Jesse Eisenberg though. He's the low point of the trailer to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Because comic book movies.

Best looking trailer so far.

You say that...but there are plenty of instances in the batman franchise alone where he's not punching dudes' heads through floors or throwing them across entire rooms and breaking walls. It's a legitimate question as to why the made him seem as though he has super powers.

You say that...but there are plenty of instances in the batman franchise alone where he's not punching dudes' heads through floors or throwing them across entire rooms and breaking walls. It's a legitimate question as to why the made him seem as though he has super powers.

weak floor, it's all wore down from the sea air

Oh no, I was being facetious! I'm totally with you. I'm a huge Batman fan and it's really silly that he basically has superpowers here. Especially considering later in the trailer he talks about being old, meaning he was even stronger and faster before.  

My response was that comic book movies tend to do stupid shit that don't make any sense for a character or even for an entire franchise for the sake of "making it look cool." I wasn't trying to say "because superheroes."

Oh no, I was being facetious! I'm totally with you. I'm a huge Batman fan and it's really silly that he basically has superpowers here. Especially considering later in the trailer he talks about being old, meaning he was even stronger and faster before.  

My response was that comic book movies tend to do stupid shit that don't make any sense for a character or even for an entire franchise for the sake of "making it look cool." I wasn't trying to say "because superheroes."

Haha, ok, gotcha :)