PO Soon: Interstellar Soundtrack

There are two pressings of this; that is unless everyone has been given wrong information. Watertower and MOV are two completely different presses.

MOV: 180g black with 4pg booklet

WT: 140g Black with insert w/liner notes by Nolan

I canceled my BB order and tried ordering from the US Amazon third party seller. We'll see how this goes.

where is this 140g Info coming from?  I haven't seen that anywhere.  Everything Ive seen has all three credits: MOV, WATERTOWER Music, At The Movies   unless someone recently ordered from a new listing that says 140g Black with insert w/liner notes by Nolan from somewhere, those that pre-ordered and are still waiting must be getting the Original MOV one.  Even if you go look at the discogs listing, you can see these logos on the back cover, so they are in some way or another together on this release.

Either way, there are for sure more pressings coming, so no need to worry availability.... it seems....

where is this 140g Info coming from?  I haven't seen that anywhere.  Everything Ive seen has all three credits: MOV, WATERTOWER Music, At The Movies   unless someone recently ordered from a new listing that says 140g Black with insert w/liner notes by Nolan from somewhere, those that pre-ordered and are still waiting must be getting the Original MOV one.  Even if you go look at the discogs listing, you can see these logos on the back cover, so they are in some way or another together on this release.

Either way, there are for sure more pressings coming, so no need to worry availability.... it seems....

MOV http://www.soundstagedirect.com/hans-zimmer-interstellar-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

WT http://www.soundstagedirect.com/hans-zimmer-intersteller-vinyl-records.shtml

Its been on other sites as well. IIRC even Watertower mentioned it somewhere.

And yea because you know how accurate discogs is.

There shouldn't be any confusion then, if you payed attention to what you ordered.

Whether discogs is acurate or not is one thing, but the entry does have multiple images and the MOV version also has Water Tower on it.

Obviously, WaterTower are the rights holder and they licensed the Interstellar music to MOV for international purposes, but have decided to put their own version of the soundtrack out also. This is why there are 2 different descriptions for this soundtrack: i.e. 140g to 180g/ insert vs. 4 page booklet and different catalog numbers and release dates. 

Or it's possible that the difference in the listings are an error (maybe the details of the pressing changed prior to release, MOV sent the distributors one set of details WaterTower a different set, one of them being incorrect).  Just a couple of days ago I caught an error on Sound Stage Direct, who had a picture disc 1xLP of K-OS - BLack On BLonde as well as a non-picture disc 2xLP of the album listed.  I had never seen the 2xLP before so I asked them about it, turns out it was an error and didn't exist.

Or it's possible that the difference in the listings are an error (maybe the details of the pressing changed prior to release, MOV sent the distributors one set of details WaterTower a different set, one of them being incorrect).  Just a couple of days ago I caught an error on Sound Stage Direct, who had a picture disc 1xLP of K-OS - BLack On BLonde as well as a non-picture disc 2xLP of the album listed.  I had never seen the 2xLP before so I asked them about it, turns out it was an error and didn't exist.

Could be, but I see the new "WaterTower" Interstellar listed on Amazon as well as ImportCDs where I ordered my MOV copy from.

It could be like Batman Begins where Silva Screen pressed it twice and then WaterTower pressed their version for release at Hot Topic. 

Could be, but I see the new "WaterTower" Interstellar listed on Amazon as well as ImportCDs where I ordered my MOV copy from.

It could be like Batman Begins where Silva Screen pressed it twice and then WaterTower pressed their version for release at Hot Topic. 

The ImportCDs version still says MOV: http://www.importcds.com/music/4166436/hans-zimmer-interstellar

I just got this from ImportCDs:

We're sorry to inform you that the items are temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. The items will ship as soon as they become available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So what do I do wait it out and hope they get it in stock? I really hope this doesn't turn into another Inception deal even though I know a poster said above that MOV are pressing more it just is annoying to have to wait. 

Totally forgot this came out and I picked up the Walmart exclusive neopack set yesterday (which is gorgeous) and I had to have the soundtrack, so I ordered this WaterTower one through Amazon which is out on the 14th. Looks like the normal 2xLP but I'm not sure about the insert or whether or not it's 180g, which I hope it is but kind of doubt it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UM7SFZS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1T08NNKZS5FV1HY18E3P&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

Totally forgot this came out and I picked up the Walmart exclusive neopack set yesterday (which is gorgeous) and I had to have the soundtrack, so I ordered this WaterTower one through Amazon which is out on the 14th. Looks like the normal 2xLP but I'm not sure about the insert or whether or not it's 180g, which I hope it is but kind of doubt it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UM7SFZS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1T08NNKZS5FV1HY18E3P&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

SoundStageDirect had a little more info on the differences between both MOV and the  WaterTower presses. 

MOV - 180 Gram and a 4 page book

WaterTower - 140 Gram and and insert with a Chris Nolan passage 

It remains to be seen if there is, in fact, a WaterTower press and if that above info is correct. 

Off topic, but I love your avatar! My fiancé and I are watching through the series for the first time ever and we just watched that episode the other day. Soooo good.

i wanted to try to get several more cells, but more popular scenes are selling for absurd amounts on ebay. gargantua's like $200. people are crazy.

Holy shit. I looked this up on ebay anf whatthefuck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTERSTELLAR-COLLECTIBLE-IMAX-70MM-FILM-CELL-/321712141197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae789b38d

Like, don't get me wrong, that's a badass frame and I'm mad jelly of whoever got that in their package. But $200. That's fucking nuts.