Descendents - Cool to Be You - Fat classics repress

In a weird way that I don't think I can explain very clearly, I like "I Don't Wanna Grow Up" the most for the fact that it contains both their best (Christmas Vacation) and worst (No FB) songs.

Picked this up. No such thing as bad Descendents

oh yes there is and this is it. man, this record combined w/ Problematic soured me totally on the DescendALLs era, even the ones I had liked a lot (Pummel, Everything Sux, Mass Nerder). Actually, Descendents-ALL was never high on my list either. I never liked any of the ALL stuff until Chad w/ Breaking Things. 

I remember getting this and wanting to just toss the CD out of the car window. Something about this album gave me real visceral negative reaction. 

I still love Somery tho. 

In a weird way that I don't think I can explain very clearly, I like "I Don't Wanna Grow Up" the most for the fact that it contains both their best (Christmas Vacation) and worst (No FB) songs.

Stay away from me you fucking hippie

On a serious note, thanks for confirming my bias and agreeing with me on I Don't Want to Grow Up. I'm listening to Milo for the first time in a while though, and fuck, what an album. These guys really came onto the scene with proverbial guns blazing. Not real guns. Punks don't like those right?

Edit: I'm not really all that knowledgeable on Descendents/ALL and so while I don't really get the dislike for some of these albums, I can definitely understand a preference for the older stuff - there's been a change in sound for sure. I love old Descendents, I just really like more recent Descendents. That being said, Mass Nerder is really good. "World's On Heroin" is a fucking jam.

I have a hard time imagining anyone not enjoying a Descendents album.  That seems weird.

i really got into ALL when Pummel came out and was really into the Chad ALL era and Everything Sux when it came out (the version recorded w/ Chad is cool too). Mass Nerder I also thought was really good when it came out. But Problematic was really meh and I was so super disappointed by how lazy and mediocre Cool to Be You seemed to me I was totally off it. 

I really enjoyed seeing the Descendents a ton of times on that Sux reunion tour for sure tho. 

i really got into ALL when Pummel came out and was really into the Chad ALL era and Everything Sux when it came out (the version recorded w/ Chad is cool too). Mass Nerder I also thought was really good when it came out. But Problematic was really meh and I was so super disappointed by how lazy and mediocre Cool to Be You seemed to me I was totally off it.

I really enjoyed seeing the Descendents a ton of times on that Sux reunion tour for sure tho.

Chad era of ALL was far and away the best. I enjoy some of Allroy's Revenge but Pummel and Mass Nerder are amazing. Love Everything Sucks as that and Milo Goes to College are my favorite Descendents album. I do wish that I wasn't in 5th Grade when they did the Everything Sucks tour...

I own the blue vinyl but I ordered this to maintain Descendents completion. It's easily their worst record but their worst record is better than many band's best record.

Also it is a scientific fact that Milo Goes to College is their best album. That is also one of the greatest punk rock albums of all time, ever!

Thanks to the OP for posting this or else I'd have likely missed out!

you're welcome. post a picture of that collection!

My original copy of this got bent in my backpack on the way home from Clubhouse Records. Will replace posthaste! Definitely my least favorite Descendents record but it's like pizza for sure.

My brother's copy of Milo Goes To College was left by him when he went to college. I listened to it non-stop as a teenager and it will always be my favorite. I was just the right age for Everything Sucks, though (14) so it holds a very special place in my heart. All is next best for me, followed by kind of a clump of all the others.

Got mine yesterday. They threw it in a mailer with no padding so it rattled around plenty during shipping and two of the corners were bent and dinged up bad enough to make me furious. I emailed them this morning to ask them to send me a new cover but I'm sure they'll probably ignore it. 

A label  that size who does that amount of mail order should know better and not be so cheap and lazy!

Got mine yesterday. They threw it in a mailer with no padding so it rattled around plenty during shipping and two of the corners were bent and dinged up bad enough to make me furious. I emailed them this morning to ask them to send me a new cover but I'm sure they'll probably ignore it. 

A label  that size who does that amount of mail order should know better and not be so cheap and lazy!

That sucks. To make up for it they'll probably invite you out to Fat Mike's house so you can find one of his records that's not the best, but that's alright. Then they will give you a mailer that you can put it in to shake it, BUT you only get to shake it once so it only gets messed up at the bottom. It won't be as badly or severely damaged as yours, but ya know fair is fair. Then they'll film it and send it over to TMZ because that's punk.