"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

Are the records themselves bent as bad as that looks?!?!

Luckily the LPs seem to be ok. Just a massively bent corner

I'm not sure what "making it right" even really means in this situation. I kinda feel like it was packed poorly, as the box it was shipped in was barely wider than the box set itself. So I don't know.

Not sure if anyone here lives in Orlando/Winter Park area but I was at Park Ave CDs yesterday and they had a near mint copy of the Duk Koo Kim 10" on black in their "New Arrivals - Used" section for $40. I already had it otherwise I would have snatched it up for sure.

Well, get on back out there and pick it up and ship it to me in exchange for currency! :)

LakeShore Record exchange in Rochester NY has these if anyone is in the WNY area. I know some Buffalo folk are on here so it may be worth a trip. But they are trying to make $$ on them. I was bugging them on FB for 3 months and they contacted me the other day saying they got 1 in and that I could have it for $100. Thankfully i got one for retail prices so I declined. I've noticed that they keep putting more up on discogs for $150. But if you call them you may be able to get it cheaper (but still overpriced). I've been shopping at this store since the early 90's and am disappointed that they decided to take this route rather than just selling them at retail.

LakeShore Record exchange in Rochester NY has these if anyone is in the WNY area. I know some Buffalo folk are on here so it may be worth a trip. But they are trying to make $$ on them. I was bugging them on FB for 3 months and they contacted me the other day saying they got 1 in and that I could have it for $100. Thankfully i got one for retail prices so I declined. I've noticed that they keep putting more up on discogs for $150. But if you call them you may be able to get it cheaper (but still overpriced). I've been shopping at this store since the early 90's and am disappointed that they decided to take this route rather than just selling them at retail.

I notice they keep listing more and more copies on Discogs. Shame they got so many and other places where people preordered from were shut out.

Was just listening to the Duk Koo Kim 10" and I noticed that this copy in the box is much different than the black copy I bought 10 years ago. See the difference in color and texture. The old copy is a matte card stock finish and the one from my box is glossy. I was under the impression these were all pressed at the same time and they were only now getting boxed but this seems to conflict with that theory. Anyone else have a glossy Duk Koo Kim?

IMG_20150529_230728.jpg