The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Ive been searching for Christmas island on cassette pretty bad. Any chance you would sell it at cost to me man? I dunno if you really dig it or if you just grabbed it with knife man and the o pioneers split

this is were i got mine: http://catalog.1234gorecords.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90&products_id=11801

new batch of Chondritic Sound tapes for any of you who are noise aficionados...

========================================================
JS Aurelius "Machines Water the Plants Now" C60 [CH-297]
========================================================
Four pieces of intimate, somber composition aimed at a solitary future. Tones stretch and decay into space as the ghost orchid blooms. Order turns to chaos as structure shambles and spins out of control, while from underneath voices converse and converge. Four beautiful pieces from the Ascetic House family, JS Aurelius of Marshstepper, Destruction Unit and who knows what else.

Limited edition of 100 copies, painted and labelled 60-minute cassette, double-sided color artwork on specialty paper.

http://store.chondriticsound.com/product/js-aurelius-machines-water-the-plants-now-c60-ch-297

=================================
Unexamine "Property" C32 [CH-296]
=================================
Charlie Mumma (Knelt Rote, Sissy Spacek, Rohit) and Danny Costa (L'Acephale, Rohit) offer four shards of crushing harsh noise. Violent, atmospheric, ripping, haunting, trashed, direct and satisfying noise from two afficionados.

Limited edition of 100 copies, painted and labelled 32-minute cassette, double-sided artwork on specialty paper.

http://store.chondriticsound.com/product/unexamine-property-c32-ch-296

=====================================================
Believer/Law "Matters of Life and Death" C32 [CH-278]
Cassette version of the 12", but with the original 9+ minute version of Ashes intact (as opposed to the 6:39 edit on the 12")

Strictly limited edition of 100 copies, color printing on color paper with b&w paste-on, painted and labelled cassettes.

http://store.chondriticsound.com/product/believer-law-matters-of-life-and-death-c32-ch-278-alternate

Sissy Spacek "Window Hammer Demo" 6.5" lathe [CHL-11]
Raw and rough sessions which ultimately was hammered into the Window Hammer 7".

Limited edition of 19 copies, single-sided vintage 6.5" lacquers in gluepocket sleeve.

http://store.chondriticsound.com/product/sissy-spacek-window-hammer-demo-6-5-lathe-chl-11

======================================
Liebestod "s/t" C20 [DISTRIBUTED ITEM]
======================================
Jesse Sanes (HOAX, FEJHED) unveils his first solo venture with LIEBESTOD. This is caustic, introverted industrial executed with a cold martial brusqueness. Five tracks of swirling, claustrophobic anxiety. Recorded in Los Angeles, Summer 2014.

Edition of 100. Self released.

http://store.chondriticsound.com/product/liebestod-s-t-c20

Ive been searching for Christmas island on cassette pretty bad. Any chance you would sell it at cost to me man? I dunno if you really dig it or if you just grabbed it with knife man and the o pioneers split

I'm actually an AJJ fanboy haha. Is that the only album you're interested in? 1234go has Christmas Island and Knife Man but Live at The Crescent Ballroom and Can't Maintain are also available.

Got my deck today and the damn thing doesn't work. The seller is acting like it broke during shipment and is only trying to give me a partial refund. I'm assuming this was his plan from the start, there's no way the belts would have broken on both sides when he shipped it from a town about an hour away.

I'm mostly frustrated because I wouldn't have went to stupid eBay and paid stupid eBay prices if I was looking for a goddamn broken cassette deck.

Got my deck today and the damn thing doesn't work. The seller is acting like it broke during shipment and is only trying to give me a partial refund. I'm assuming this was his plan from the start, there's no way the belts would have broken on both sides when he shipped it from a town about an hour away.

I'm mostly frustrated because I wouldn't have went to stupid eBay and paid stupid eBay prices if I was looking for a goddamn broken cassette deck.

Ahh

Simple "item not as described" and a forced return on eBay's part should clear things up. You are eligible for a full refund under the "item not as described." Code. He wants to get partial refund because if he does get partial refund from you, it means you keep the broken item, and eBay will just pay you back, vs if you ask for a full return he's forced to then give you full refund and gets nothing but a broken machine back lol

Same thing happened to me, spent $90 on a Nakamichi CR3A I sucked it up and hit up one of the last few Nak technicians to repair it for me and he said he was happy to hear college kids still using the tape format and a normally $300 repair and overhaul cost me $20. Just the price of shipping

I'm absolutely gunning for a full refund, if he wants to front the cash to have it shipped back then I have no problem doing that. It just feels really fishy, his response was a little bit too much to the point like he was expecting a message from me.

That's what I would do.  Odds are you'll end up with the tape deck, I can't imagine he's going to eat shipping both ways for something like that.

Our second release will be available for pre-order TOMORROW AT NOON.

It's a 4-song Halloween split between anna sage. and Brick Top available both digitally and on cassette.

Song premiere is Friday as well. Also, this one is fairly limited, the variants are below!

2yza69c.jpg

"Ghost" Clear w/ Black Imprint /31 (Webstore Exclusive)

"Jack O Lantern" Orange w/ Black Imprint /17 (Brick Top Exclusive)

"Monster" Green w/ Black Imprint /17 (Anna Sage. Exclusive)

"Fog" Grey Tint w/ Black Imprint /1

WWW.WEARENEARMINT.COM

I'm very new to the cassette game. I had to get a new car because mine was totaled thanks to an old woman. Anywho, the car I've obtained has a cassette player, and they've always been interesting to me. Are there any good distros (in the United States) where I can get my hands on anything from Ascetic House, Total Black, or Posh Isolation? I just subbed to the mailing lists too. 

Anyone break down and buy some of those Burger x Light in the Attic tapes? I really wanted to get some but really can't justify $82 for 6 tapes shipped.

Damn that's 13.60 a pop! That's too much man. Maybe ask Justice if he's ever going to stop by Burger shop or the dude with a Rat default pic, he goes there I think... Tapes should be like 6 bones a piece... then have them ship it media mail in an LP mailer

I'm very new to the cassette game. I had to get a new car because mine was totaled thanks to an old woman. Anywho, the car I've obtained has a cassette player, and they've always been interesting to me. Are there any good distros (in the United States) where I can get my hands on anything from Ascetic House, Total Black, or Posh Isolation? I just subbed to the mailing lists too. 

Google is your friend here definitely, I know AH and PI are pretty limited stock