The 80s Movie fan wants us all to stand up, first one at a time then the rest en mass and say:

"I'm Nick Alt"

Until what was one timid and lone voice becomes a mighty chorus.

Then a slow clap permeates the audience breaking into wild applause as we all have to admit that our obsession with The Hobby has lead to this very threads existence.

/fin 

@bake: I would say I just want to create new avenues for people to enjoy music that we've decided they should like and hand curating a person with vibes has always seemed to be a really cool way to accomplish that. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I want to get that bitch turning in a new direction. Can you dig, bro?

Hi all, just found this thread. New user here so forgive any fumbles but wanted to answer some Qs. Send any more my way.

That Yeasayer record in the top picture gives them cred.  

I tried to sneak a few subliminal messages in there for ya

I can see this going like most monthly record services. First month is like 2 weeks late second month is 6 weeks late third month is 18 weeks late fourth month never happens and people scramble for refunds.

God I hope not. First 3 Volumes are already locked and progress is great on future ones. 

I can't wait for that Vinyl Moon shit to burn in a tower of fire and possibly lawsuits.

Fire? Possibly. Lawsuits? That is what each individual contract with each band is there to prevent (and to get 24b WAV files from them)

How is this even possible? Are the artists getting paid at all? Seems a little shady

Sorry, no Slim Shady will be featured. 

But it is only publicity to 500 people because ~~~limited~~~

Yes, subscription starts at 500 copies and will cap at 1000 for a bit. But the bands all get extra features and coverage on The Burning Ear which gets many thousands of views a month. Double trouble.

Hi all, just found this thread. New user here so forgive any fumbles but wanted to answer some Qs. Send any more my way.

I tried to sneak a few subliminal messages in there for ya

God I hope not. First 3 Volumes are already locked and progress is great on future ones. 

Fire? Possibly. Lawsuits? That is what each individual contract with each band is there to prevent (and to get 24b WAV files from them)

Sorry, no Slim Shady will be featured. 

Yes, subscription starts at 500 copies and will cap at 1000 for a bit. But the bands all get extra features and coverage on The Burning Ear which gets many thousands of views a month. Double trouble.

** fuck it I'll bite..

some questions for you about your service.

a.  how many artists do you have lined up?  over 30 so you don't get repeating artists on each LP?

b.  with backups at plants how do you expect to put out three mixed LPs in three months, when established labels have to wait somewhere more than 3 to 5 months.

c.  what's your return policy?

d.  can you tell me some of the artists that will be featured on the first mixed Vinyl Moon LP?

e.  Do you know NIck Alt?  is he your friend?