Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Had to take these two beauties home as soon as I could:

204fc3819459ff983e1f34db734f6105_zpszmyl

Various. Whatever Nevermind /Robotic Empire /baby blue

9b5ad938ff1ed1434073f7786a737ff7_zpsivfu

Red House Painters. 4AD Box Set /4AD /with cat

The european RSD version of the box is not numbered, also no stickers including anything RSD related. According to my cat it smells fabulously.

Why's it shitty? They're giving everyone that comes in their store the same opportunity to own this whether they can get in line on Thursday or not And the $$ is going to charity

Whoa they're giving all the proceeds from the raffle tickets to a girls camp that helps establish motivation and self esteem AND to another organization that archives Indiana's music history and assists in keeping their musical culture relevant and up to date? Buncha assholes

Didn't know this was for charity. Contrary to popular belief I don't read EVERYTHING posted on or linked from VC.

No, I have been pretty lucky arriving really early. I've been pretty lucky to meet some of the same people in line every year and people are usually easy going, would you say so?

Same. I'm usually in the first 10. They gljust got a huge shipment so I'm excited. It's always fun meeting people in line. Ill be there around 6-6:30

While I really do dislike many aspects of RSD, this is the closest feeling I can match to the feeling I used to have the night before Christmas morning. Also sex.

Hahaha! Good call!

As for lining up...we should all be glad they don't go the Ticketmaster route where they hand out lottery tickets so everyone in line could be first! That would drive me nuts....I enjoy lining up hours in advance and waiting...every year I am introduced to new bands and end up buying more than planned....if it wasn't for last years wait, I wouldn't know of fantomas or death grips! Those were my "frank pieces" from last year (thanks bull moose!)

I think we get lucky because we are in a somewhat friendly city, people can get pushy though haha.

I do envy the smaller areas where the lines aren't as long for sure....

A few years back I almost got knocked out of my wheelchair when other phish fans were trying to push down the aisle. I guess they didn't see me and I almost took a header into the bottom record rack...

At least its not like Walmart on black Friday though hahahaha........yet!

I do envy the smaller areas where the lines aren't as long for sure....

A few years back I almost got knocked out of my wheelchair when other phish fans were trying to push down the aisle. I guess they didn't see me and I almost took a header into the bottom record rack...

At least its not like Walmart on black Friday though hahahaha........yet!

I like to help when I can, I know my brother and I split up a few years back, he went to Monster and I went around the corner to Earshot (which is now closed) and there was this really talkative woman, I think she was there for her son, and she had a list. When we all got in to the small shop I saw one title she was looking for and grabbed it off the wall for her and handed it to her. It was the New Found Glory Mania 12" I was glad I could help her, because I felt like she was a deer in the headlights with all of the people crowded in there, haha.. 

Charleston, SC, eh? I got put on Monster's Instagram once when I brought my baby daughter in in an ergo and was looking through the racks. Was Earshot the store just a couple miles away?

Yeah, Earshot was two streets over on Savannah Hwy. It was open for (I think) almost 2 years. Kind of a small shop in a strip mall. 

Doesn't necessarily surprise me that they went under. They were a little lackluster. Not that Monster isn't a little shady, but they're corporate shady.

Monster is an independent store, they branched off of Manifest Discs and Tapes (no longer associated). I believe Monster is one of only two (or three) stores under the same ownership.