Tom Delonge Leaves Blink-182

I'm sure he likes Tom-182. I don't know of any fan out there that really wants him to go back after those press releases and interviews came out. I'm a longtime fan and I want him gone too. Let Mark and Travis actually get the band moving and have a real future without 1/3 of the band preventing it

Even though one of them wasnt even trying on the last EP and admitted it to Tom? Fuck that, I wouldnt want them in the band either.

I'm sure he likes Tom-182. I don't know of any fan out there that really wants him to go back after those press releases and interviews came out. I'm a longtime fan and I want him gone too. Let Mark and Travis actually get the band moving and have a real future without 1/3 of the band preventing it

this

Even though one of them wasnt even trying on the last EP and admitted it to Tom? Fuck that, I wouldnt want them in the band either.

you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally gotta take what tom says with a grain of salt lol

You've got to consider, however, that they've all made mistakes. They're all acting immature and the band just wouldn't be blink without any of them. It doesn't matter whether Mark, Tom, or Travis was leaving and who was to blame. They've been best friends for decades and I'm sure they can work it out.

I'm going to say right away that I'm not taking anyone's side in the issue, but I can see why Tom would be afraid to record again. The last two recordings were disasters for the band, and Mark and Travis are pushing the album on Tom when he's clearly very busy with AVA. 

Disasters that are brought about by him. Also can we all just admit AVA sucks. 

I admit that I don't like AVA as much as blink, but the money Tom is making off of it is phenomenal. He had to spend years to get the merchandising, the album, the film and other things to follow, and he can't just drop that all at once to record for blink. If you had 3 tests tomorrow you had to study for, and your fourth teacher says "hey we're going to have a test tomorrow," tell me that you wouldn't be upset or even overwhelmed. He has too much on his plate right now. An average person thinks that a family and a full time job is too much to handle. Tom is operating multiple companies, working with two bands, and has a family to take care of. 

Making? You mean "spending", right?

Exactly. Like Travis said he pretty much used Blink as an income source and advertising opportunity to get people to listen to AvA. Over the past 5 years he's been wearing Angels stuff to every show whether it's the Love t-shirt, the AvA beanie, or his guitars with Love artwork on them. It's not like you see Travis with a +44 logo on the bass drum or Mark with a +44 shirt. They wanted to focus on Blink while Tom just fetishized over AvA the whole time.

I admit that I don't like AVA as much as blink, but the money Tom is making off of it is phenomenal. He had to spend years to get the merchandising, the album, the film and other things to follow, and he can't just drop that all at once to record for blink. If you had 3 tests tomorrow you had to study for, and your fourth teacher says "hey we're going to have a test tomorrow," tell me that you wouldn't be upset or even overwhelmed. He has too much on his plate right now. An average person thinks that a family and a full time job is too much to handle. Tom is operating multiple companies, working with two bands, and has a family to take care of. 

What Tom did was willingly add the 4th test and then complain that he didn't have time for the first 3.

I don't understand this mentality that Mark and Travis should continue the Blink 182 band to spite Tom? Tom is an integral part of what is the band/brand - Blink 182.

If Mark and Travis would like tour and play Blink songs, I could see that, but continuing on and creating new/original songs as the band "Blink 182" I don't think would be right. Mark and Travis should either do +44 again or create a whole new thing with Matt Skiba. 

I don't understand this mentality that Mark and Travis should continue the Blink 182 band to spite Tom? Tom is an integral part of what is the band/brand - Blink 182.

If Mark and Travis would like tour and play Blink songs, I could see that, but continuing on and creating new/original songs as the band "Blink 182" I don't think would be right. Mark and Travis should either do +44 again or create a whole new thing with Matt Skiba. 

I don't think they are. Death Cab just lost a founding, integral member and they parted amicably. You shouldn't need to change your name simply because a member left. you get another a move on. I think what Travis and Mark are doing is totally reasonable, they want to play the pop punk that made them famous, Mark dosen't, so he should do what he wants and not pretend he wants to do blink 182.

I don't think they are. Death Cab just lost a founding, integral member and they parted amicably. You shouldn't need to change your name simply because a member left. you get another a move on. I think what Travis and Mark are doing is totally reasonable, they want to play the pop punk that made them famous, Tom dosen't, so he should do what he wants and not pretend he wants to do blink 182.

Fixed it for you lol

In this scenario, did the 4th teacher pay for his education? Tom took on all these extra projects at his own volition, that's his fault. That's like having a third person hold you back from going to dinner because they want to finish 3 other irrelevant projects they decided to do just for the hell of it.

I understand what you're saying however many bands have replaced integral members in the past and carried on to do worthwhile things. I like to use Further Seems Forever as a good example, The Moon Is Down is a pinnacle release for the band, however I think How To Start A Fire and Hide Nothing (both fronted by different vocalist), we extremely good and vastly underrated albums that wouldn't have existed had then thrown in the towel. Penny Black was good, but also felt like it was too little too late. Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs were straight up lack-luster releases that did nothing to revitalize Blink-182.

I don't think they are. Death Cab just lost a founding, integral member and they parted amicably. You shouldn't need to change your name simply because a member left. you get another a move on. I think what Travis and Mark are doing is totally reasonable, they want to play the pop punk that made them famous, Mark dosen't, so he should do what he wants and not pretend he wants to do blink 182.

I agree if you're saying they should still tour and play those songs that everyone loves, but going forward new music should be under a different moniker. With Death Cab, there are more than just 3 guys contributing to the process. Where as Blink each member (and there was only 3) was so integral to the process and writing styles. 

I understand what you're saying however many bands have replaced integral members in the past and carried on to do worthwhile things. I like to use Further Seems Forever as a good example, The Moon Is Down is a pinnacle release for the band, however I think How To Start A Fire and Hide Nothing (both fronted by different vocalist), we extremely good and vastly underrated albums that wouldn't have existed had then thrown in the towel. Penny Black was good, but also felt like it was too little too late. Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs were straight up lack-luster releases that did nothing to revitalize Blink-182.

I see, but when I think of Blink 182, I mainly think of Tom's goofy face and energy and Mark would come in with the deeper vocals. Both were goofy and played well off of each other. 

I think the issue most people will have with Blink moving forward with just Mark and Travis is that Blink has "Tom" songs and "Mark" songs...I think it's difficult in peoples' minds to remove Tom from their concept of "Blink 182" when he represents a good half of their songs, if not more.

That being said, I'm all-for them moving forward without Tom should it come to that.  I think it'll really help if they can find a replacement for him that has their own identity/character that fits well with the rest of the band.