So, am I the only weirdo

Did somebody say shrink wrap...

vFOVkoT.gif

Like remove the shrink wrap and then keep that crap somewhere else?

I slit the opening and will leave the shrink wrap on until it gets all janky, most of my records still have it on.

I usually do this on the single LPs that are shrink wrapped; Otherwise, in the trash it goes. All my records get outer sleeves anyway. 

i used to keep the shrink on when i first started collecting, until i had two lp covers that were ruined because the shrink stuck to the cover and ruined the artwork. 

i only have one album still in the shrink wrap and that's becuase it doubles the price of the record with the hype sticker.

I love when LPs are still in the shrink when I buy, but I still end up removing it. Of course I put everything in a poly sleeve.

I used to save DL cards, but I redeem them (or post it here) and toss it.

If I could get a hype sticker off, I stick it on my notebook. I used to stick them on my old night stand. The thing is covered in stickers, but it's in the garage now and I refuse to toss it haha.

i used to keep the shrink on when i first started collecting, until i had two lp covers that were ruined because the shrink stuck to the cover and ruined the artwork. 

i only have one album still in the shrink wrap and that's becuase it doubles the price of the record with the hype sticker.

Out of curiosity, which record?

I don't recall which thread I saw this in, but someone mentioned they used a blow dryer to loosen up the glue a bit and then removed the sticker and had good luck with that route.

sounds like a lot of trouble...then again I can't recall how many times I've been pissed bc I ripped the sticker trying to peel it!

Okay, so I think people misunderstood me and thought I just kept the shrink wrap ALONE.

The only time I'll keep the shrink is when it has the sticker of the band and it says "limited edition" or whatever else.

I don't just keep the pure shrink itself.

I'm still samesies. I had my Oblivion shrink wrap crumble in my hands last night. Half of my gatefolds 2XLP's have never been unfolded. I finally unfolded it. Sad to see the wrap go.

I remove all shrink wrap immediately and put everything in a poly bag. Record stays in the dust sleeve and I put that behind the jacket. Easier to get to the record and prevents any extra seem splits.

Although I like the idea, I don't know what you're doing to your records at home that may cause seam splits ;)

I usually keep my current rotation like that for easy access, but I've never considered putting them on my shelf like that.