PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Best mail day ever! #599! And Among The Leaves!

http://instagram.com/p/1bON5NGXXX/

How much did that Among the Leaves run you? I've been wanting one for a while but cannot even dream of paying $200 or more for it.... No matter how limited it is it's still just a piece of plastic when all is said and done.

How much did that Among the Leaves run you? I've been wanting one for a while but cannot even dream of paying $200 or more for it.... No matter how limited it is it's still just a piece of plastic when all is said and done.

$112. I understand how it sounds too ridiculous. But to me it's no different than buying a panting for $500. It's art. I cherish it. It will be spun many many many many times throughout the years.

$112. I understand how it sounds too ridiculous. But to me it's no different than buying a panting for $500. It's art. I cherish it. It will be spun many many many many times throughout the years.

Not as ridiculous as someone paying near $1k for a top grade Ortofon cartridge lol. It's all a matter of how valuable it is to you, and that really is why these folks keep charging us out the wazoo for these records, because someone will always be willing to pay the over-inflated price without thought just so they can say they have it :(

Not as ridiculous as someone paying near $1k for a top grade Ortofon cartridge lol. It's all a matter of how valuable it is to you, and that really is why these folks keep charging us out the wazoo for these records, because someone will always be willing to pay the over-inflated price without thought just so they can say they have it :(

Yeah you're right about that. We do give in to it. Maybe it's my way of paying back all those years I downloaded music haha

Yeah you're right about that. We do give in to it. Maybe it's my way of paying back all those years I downloaded music haha

I should see it that way as well lol... I really do want a copy of ATL but just don't have the cash and honestly would rather have the black vinyl and not because of it's low printing number, it's just that I prefer my listening copies to be black vinyl. It always sounds better to me mostly and who wants to wear out their color variations right?

I should see it that way as well lol... I really do want a copy of ATL but just don't have the cash and honestly would rather have the black vinyl and not because of it's low printing number, it's just that I prefer my listening copies to be black vinyl. It always sounds better to me mostly and who wants to wear out their color variations right?

I feel ya man. I dig black for sure. But I love this blue a lot haha.

Eh, if Music Direct, Amazon, and CD Universe aren't getting any copies, I don't see why Soundstage Direct or Acoustic Sounds would. Maybe 1 or 2 at most, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure no EU stores like New On Vinyl will receive copies because it's an RSD item over there. If 4AD isn't even shipping to stores where it's a non-RSD item, why would they ship it to online stores where it is an RSD item?

Does anyone know how Bull Moose works? Like how do they decide what goes online vs. what gets sold in stores? If they ended up getting 20 copies of this, what would be the allocation? On their site, it shows that the Mill Creek store got at least one in.

It keeps getting worse I have a feeling all online orders will be canceled besides bullmoose, new on vinyl and soundstage direct being the best of the odds

what are you basing your feelings on? there's 400-500 copies that are being distributed around the US to independent retailers. Unless you're first in line at a store that has a copy or two the day it comes out, you probably aren't getting one. sad story, but them's the breaks. you'll have to wait for the black vinyl like most people. the whole thing was a publicity stunt. mark loves making his vinyl super rare for a higher perceived value. luckily, black vinyl will be available, and it wasn't the other way around. just relax. 

I just read the last few pages...you guys need to go outside or something....thus and the deadline thread are vc hall of fame stuff..people freaking out over records that are going to be widespread in coming weeks/months

I agree that people are overreacting... But at the same time, it's laughable to think this box set will be "widespread" in the coming months. I doubt you ever see one sell secondhand for under $250. 

The black vinyl is at least a nice consolation prize. I'm hoping it's cheap and that 4AD releases them sooner rather than later.