The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

Got this back from another one of our state's top places this morning: 

"Hi Jason. The Kozelek piece got held up in customs and wasn't received at the distributorship until Thursday. Most likely no one will have it on time for RSD. We'll update our social media as this develops, so stay tuned."

One of my local shops just posted their rsd list and they have copies of Moon.

Maybe it's a conspiracy... Suits me if they don't have it, I wasn't very much looking forward to driving 2 1/2 hours to get there anyways. I'd have to leave home at 5am to get there by their 8am opening time :( 

Mentioned to my local guy that I heard WNTTM might be delayed, and he said, "They made sure all the real record stores got them." So even if your locals don't have it yet, it might be good to pop in tomorrow--just in case they come in at the last minute.

Certainly sounds more accurate to me than "they got caught up in customs"... What customs? Badman is in the United States, correct?

Certainly sounds more accurate to me than "they got caught up in customs"... What customs? Badman is in the United States, correct?

Well, there's a chance they were manufactured outside the US. With Rock N Roll singer already showing up in the EU, I wouldn't be surprised if they were being pressed over there (something similar happened with Pearl Jam's most recent Vault release--they were sent straight from the manufacturer to customers in the EU, while the rest of us had to wait for them to be sent to Seattle and then sent out direct to us).

Well, there's a chance they were manufactured outside the US. With Rock N Roll singer already showing up in the EU, I wouldn't be surprised if they were being pressed over there (something similar happened with Pearl Jam's most recent Vault release--they were sent straight from the manufacturer to customers in the EU, while the rest of us had to wait for them to be sent to Seattle and then sent out direct to us).

Could be, but I'm calling bullshit on this one now seeing as a shop one state over, and 2 1/2 hours from me, has ten copies on their Instagram... Drat, looks like I will be driving far and early...

So michigan will not have any! All 4 stores I called said they didn't ALL get shipped out in time! One store said they will get it next week!

Looks like I can skip this RSD at least the super early in line part

Where u at? Underground Sounds in A2 listed it on their RSD list on facebook.

UHF got it according to their facebook

Out of curiosity do you know how bad is their line is usually. i image it's pretty nuts? i tend to end up at Stormy every year because the college kids make it impossible to get anything in A2.

Out of curiosity do you know how bad is their line is usually. i image it's pretty nuts? i tend to end up at Stormy every year because the college kids make it impossible to get anything in A2.

I went there last year at 3AM and I was 7th in line. Line was huge by 7AM. I like the way they hand out records though... Unlike Found Sound or Flipside, they have people behind a counter that you ask the records for. 

Think I'll be going to UHF at midnight. Ugh. (Won't be getting the Koz release, already bought it from Badman)