The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

Having really only hearing (and loving) Benji, would anybody say that Live at Biko is an essential live album to have? My store has like, 15 copies. I'd buy it and find out, but it's pretty expensive.

I'm a HUGE fan of Benji, but had not been as obsessive of his back catalog as some here. That might be changing tho! But I dearly love Biko. Essential is hard to say. Very quiet subdued versions of most of Benji. I nearly like the Biko versions better and am glad I picked it up. 

Personally i wouldn't try to fix it. the record i fixed was a bargain bin find and a dime a dozen, so if i screwed it up there was no big loss.

If you say your black copy sounds fine I will just pick one of those up somewhere. I prefer to use the black vinyl as my playing copy as often as possible, but I got my blue Benji through a trade, and since it was already opened I just listened to it. Thanks for the feedback guys! If anyone happens across an extra copy of Rock n' Roll singer, I would gladly accept help finding one! 

I'm a HUGE fan of Benji, but had not been as obsessive of his back catalog as some here. That might be changing tho! But I dearly love Biko. Essential is hard to say. Very quiet subdued versions of most of Benji. I nearly like the Biko versions better and am glad I picked it up. 

i'll second this sentiment, completely

I'm on board with this (huge fan of Benji/love the Biko versions). In particular, I love the version of "Carissa" on Biko. Not that the album version is in-your-face or anything, but the live version is so reserved and subtle that it just strikes me every time.

Having really only hearing (and loving) Benji, would anybody say that Live at Biko is an essential live album to have? My store has like, 15 copies. I'd buy it and find out, but it's pretty expensive.

Buy it. I got it yesterday from my local shop for $19.99. Listened to the whole thing this morning. Sounds fantastic.

Glad it's not just my hearing. I was looking at it while it was spinning as well & noticed how it looks to swing farther to one side. Is the center hole just off by just a bit? Do the black ones sound the same?

I have/had a copy of all the colours. 

Yellow - Bad misalignment. 

Blue - misalignment (not quite as bad). 

Clear - fine

Red - fine

Black - sounds best to my ears (played on LP12)