The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

Saw 3 copies of What's Next to the Moon on Discogs last night all from the same seller in Canada. all priced at 39.99CAD and all gone this morning.

Yeah, Unfortunately they now want 44.99 Canadian for it and 12.50 shipping, with GST it would cost me a smooth $60.00, these guys seem like assholes, http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/233275337

Rough Trade in London have got about 20 copies of What's Next To The Moon if anyone is still after it. 

I wish I could get there, in my city only one store got them and sold out right away. 

Yeah, Unfortunately they now want 44.99 Canadian for it and 12.50 shipping, with GST it would cost me a smooth $60.00, these guys seem like assholes, http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/233275337

I wish I could get there, in my city only one store got them and sold out right away. 

I'll keep my eyes open for you. Was in my cheap local today asking about it, but they haven't received it and don't think they will. I special ordered from another store before RSD and i'm still waiting for them to let me know if they get it this week.

I'll keep my eyes open for you. Was in my cheap local today asking about it, but they haven't received it and don't think they will. I special ordered from another store before RSD and i'm still waiting for them to let me know if they get it this week.

Sweet, let me know. My usual store didn't get any and he said not to hold my breath. 

Talked to my local shop this morning... He mentioned that a lot of stores had orders delayed and SHOULD be getting some allocation this week, so maybe wait a couple days on your local?

That said, he thinks he's getting more copies. I asked about the possibility of posting his # here so you guys can order, but he says for an item this limited, he'd prefer to sell only to local customers. 

He suggested I *could* buy a copy when he gets more and just swap it with someone here for something I really want, but honestly the only RHP/SKM vinyl I'm really hunting anymore is Tiny Cities. And I don't see anyone giving that up. 

And before you guys flood my InBox (which is probably gonna happen anyway), I don't see a fair way to just buy one for the board and sell it for cost+shipping, since that "pick a person" method only screws the rest of you. And if I start getting offers from individuals, that's basically the same thing as flipping and I don't want to do that either.

Well, I'm basing it on the guy who wanted to trade his extra RHP box for April plus the difference... But he wound up not getting anyone to trade, then he had folks offering money above the cost, then OTHER folks angry that he wasn't selling it for cost... It became a giant CF.

I dunno. I probably shouldn't have posted anything. Or just a "I can probably get an extra but I'll only trade it for Tiny Cities plus I'll throw in some $$ to make up the difference".... But that sounds douche-y too.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, I don't have an extra copy in hand. And the store might not even get the extra he thinks he's getting.

Or just be nice and help the board out. "Hey guys, snagged one of these for the board. It cost me $18 after tax, first person to PM me gets it at $25 PPD".

When I was in search of this earlier this week I had a guy notice i was looking here on the board and he did the same thing for me through PM. I had already found one on Discogs so I told him to pay it forward to another VCer. It only becomes a cluster when you get greedy... AKA asking for Tiny Cities for a release that should be relatively easy to find in the next few weeks.

My 2 cents

OK yeah I might just do that. The store isn't close but if he posts that they have copies or I'm in the area, I'll try to snag my one.

Thanks man, I think everyone following this thread loves koz to some extent and would greatly appreciate the gesture. Its just one way we can all help each other out and keep from paying flipper prices

My local store got a late shipment too. Stopping in on Friday so IF they have some I'll grab one for here.

I'm also on the fence on my RHP box. I hate that the black ones are so cheap and I feel like I paid an extra $75 for a box.

Yeah, but honestly... You will (probably) always be able to sell your box down the line and get that money back. If you REALLY have remorse, I'm sure you could sell it for above your cost right now while the frenzy is high.

I'd pay someone a little $$ to give me their empty box. That'd be cool to store my black ones. Wasn't someone complaining they just stored their empty boxes on a shelf and didn't know what to do with them?  :lol:

Yeah, but honestly... You will (probably) always be able to sell your box down the line and get that money back. If you REALLY have remorse, I'm sure you could sell it for above your cost right now while the frenzy is high.

I'd pay someone a little $$ to give me their empty box. That'd be cool to store my black ones. Wasn't someone complaining they just stored their empty boxes on a shelf and didn't know what to do with them?  :lol:

Are... are you encouraging... FLIPPING A RECORD??

ON VINYL COLLECTIVE?

RIP filthyrich

We hardly knew ye

0 Posts - 540 Posts

"We received notification that 4AD is releasing the single titles from this set.

We would like to make you a special offer on these as a bundle.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/The-Red-House-Painters-6LP-Bundle/productinfo/4ADLPRHP/

If you would like to preorder these, we can offer you a special preorder price of $84.99 (retail $103.99).

Please reply and let me know if you wish to order and I will enter the order for you or order this online.

Thank you!

Jason Marcum"

Guess he doesn't expect people to check 4ad first.

Is it just me, or do emails like this actually make you ANGRIER than just a "Sorry, we took your preorders and then we got nothing" email? SSD was the same way... Although I guess they gave you a better deal if you were OK with having $70 worth of store credit instead of a true refund.

They act like, "Yeah, we screwed you, but look how we're gonna make it up to you! With this great exclusive deal!!" Nah, you're not. You're gonna offer the same deal that every website is offering to every customer, whether he/she tied up funds in a wasted PO or not. And it's a WORSE deal than 4AD's to boot....

"We received notification that 4AD is releasing the single titles from this set.
We would like to make you a special offer on these as a bundle.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/The-Red-House-Painters-6LP-Bundle/productinfo/4ADLPRHP/

If you would like to preorder these, we can offer you a special preorder price of $84.99 (retail $103.99).

Please reply and let me know if you wish to order and I will enter the order for you or order this online.

Thank you!

Jason Marcum"

Guess he doesn't expect people to check 4ad first.