The Following (TV Show)

i only watched about 2/3rds of the first season and had to stop because it was one of the most convoluted, ridiculous shows that i'd ever watched.

but then again, this is coming from someone who watches PLL, so take that with a grain of salt.

For what it's worth, it got a little less ridiculous in Season 2 and thus far into Season 3.  If nothing else, the law enforcement characters have certainly been portrayed in a much more intelligent fashion.

Really enjoying the new season, but you've got to take this show for what it is.  It's not going to win an Emmy and it isn't a tour de force like Breaking Bad.  However, it's still a fun thriller with decent writing and above average acting.  Get yourself some popcorn, suspend a little disbelief, and enjoy.

• 1 month later...

I kinda sorta enjoyed the finale. It felt rushed and boring at the same time though. The way it closed as being open-ended was nice.

I'm not 100% bummed that it's now cancelled and won't be renewed. Being that the whole Joe Carroll story and plot was the main driving force behind the first season and into the second, once it started trailing off into offshoots and stretching things to relate to him, it got forced and trying too hard.

I kinda sorta enjoyed the finale. It felt rushed and boring at the same time though. The way it closed as being open-ended was nice.

I'm not 100% bummed that it's now cancelled and won't be renewed. Being that the whole Joe Carroll story and plot was the main driving force behind the first season and into the second, once it started trailing off into offshoots and stretching things to relate to him, it got forced and trying too hard.

To me it felt like a season finale, not so much a series finale.  Which obviously makes sense since it was cancelled.  However, I'd be curious to hear if they shot different endings in the event the show wasn't renewed and, if so, what else could've we seen had it been picked up again.

I got that 'rushed' feeling too so it's almost as though that was just the backup plan and they re-edited at the end.  Know what I mean?