The RSD Effect

My RSD story

BF2012: first record store day... Wanted incubus and tenacious d... My store had neither so I bought from flippers because I didn't know any better

2013: wanted blind melon, white stripes, and south park... Got all 3... RSD is my favorite day now

BF2013: drive an hour and a half to a store for the fun of it and I got everything I wanted

2014: see above

BF2014: stopped locally and grabbed a few things

2015: don't care enough

Also don't compare Asian man to worthless reissues... I can go into goodwill and pick up born to run for 50 cents but I can tell you you won't find joyce manor there

My RSD story

BF2012: first record store day... Wanted incubus and tenacious d... My store had neither so I bought from flippers because I didn't know any better

2013: wanted blind melon, white stripes, and south park... Got all 3... RSD is my favorite day now

BF2013: drive an hour and a half to a store for the fun of it and I got everything I wanted

2014: see above

BF2014: stopped locally and grabbed a few things

2015: don't care enough

Also don't compare Asian man to worthless reissues... I can go into goodwill and pick up born to run for 50 cents but I can tell you you won't find joyce manor there

My story:

2014: Wanted Nirvana 7", store didn't have it. Didn't buy from flippers because $25 is ridiculous for a Pennyroyal Tea single.

BF2014: Wanted Beatles and South Park, got both. Faith in RSD restored. 

2015: Want Foo Fighters and Better Call Saul.

Don't know what I should expect this year.

2010: Walk into Newbury Comics, completely unaware of RSD. Assume that the DJ and fanfare is all in accordance with Extravaganja taking place in the park across the street. 

2011: Have a better grip on RSD's existence. Pick up a couple gimmick records.

2012: Balls to the wall, buying up every RSD label I can get my hands on. Flip the shit out of most of it the same day. Go to strip club.

2013-14: Do not care

2015: Fucking obligated via Brand New & Built to Spill...

My only issue with RSD is how much it's clogging up plants in the several months before. Records due for release anywhere from March to early May inevitably get delayed due to the sheer number of RSD releases. But that's not RSD's fault, that's just the reality of there being so few plants.

Also, every year, my local stores have more and more leftover RSD stuff that never sells.

Just cos I'd probably weigh into the discussion on the label and get called a hypocrite again by someone for some reason.

What do Asian Man Records release? What kind of stuff?

Punk stuff, Alkaline Trio (i don't relly care for em), andrew jackson jihad, joyce manor, lemuria, wild moth, warm thoughts, spraynard, shinobu, smoking popes

Just cos I'd probably weigh into the discussion on the label and get called a hypocrite again by someone for some reason.

What do Asian Man Records release? What kind of stuff?

They used to release a lot of ska records, and then jumped over to the more indie rock influenced punk stuff. They've released a lot of good stuff, nothing that great in recent years though. The last essential release was the Classics Of love LP.

They used to release a lot of ska records, and then jumped over to the more indie rock influenced punk stuff. They've released a lot of good stuff, nothing that great in recent years though. The last essential release was the Classics Of love LP.

What's wrong with you

"Punk" stuff, Alkaline Trio (i don't relly care for em), andrew jackson jihad, joyce manor, lemuria, wild moth, warm thoughts, spraynard, shinobu, smoking popes

I question your idea

of what punk is?

chipmunks399346.jpg

sorry the definition of punk isnt confined to black flag and skrewdriver or something, but it's definitely the vibes a lot of those bands give off, pop punk, indie punk, mall punk, folk punk, emo whatever you want happy now?

sorry the definition of punk isnt confined to black flag and skrewdriver or something, but it's definitely the vibes a lot of those bands give off, pop punk, indie punk, mall punk, folk punk, emo whatever you want happy now?

blag flag and skrewdriver should never be in the same sentence.

blag flag and skrewdriver should never be in the same sentence.

i saw a pic of a jewish kid on facebook today with a skrewdriver shirt and a 3rd reich flag hanging on his wall and he asked why its okay for blacks and hispanics to have pride in their race but not white people