Fallout Discussion: “76”

Shit, I'm assuming Amazon won't ship mine until the day of release. They used to have a release day delivery option but I don't see it anymore. Would be nice if they shipped it out 2 days before release. Oh well, I've waited 7 years for a proper sequel, I can wait an extra 48 hours.

I ordered mine from Amazon. Two day shipping was $8 and it says it supposed to arrive by 8pm on Tuesday. Did you choose free shipping?

Shit, I'm assuming Amazon won't ship mine until the day of release. They used to have a release day delivery option but I don't see it anymore. Would be nice if they shipped it out 2 days before release. Oh well, I've waited 7 years for a proper sequel, I can wait an extra 48 hours.

I must have asked them at Best Buy 100x: "I'll have it on or before the day right?" They assured me I would so one of two things are going to happen. 1. It'll show up Monday in the mail while I'm stuck at work, I'll have to leave just to pick it up so its not sitting in front of the house all day. 2. It'll show up on Tuesday and I'll sit outside like in a lawn chair and my fallout hoodie all day waiting for the mailman to show up. 

Hopefully well get it reasonably fast and we stop posting here about shipping and just play the damn thing already. 

Mine says it should be here by release date, but hasn't shipped yet. I had a similar situation the other day with something and it made it in one day. :)

I don't care much for the end-to-end time complaints.

It's a city... there are multi-leveled buildings, most likely an underground, Aquaboy perk that lets you breathe underwater more than likely opens up additional areas...

It doesn't bother me. The day I sprint from one side of the map to the other won't come for a very, very long time.

Hopefully the size of the map translates well into it being fairly compact and populated, which I've heard it is.

You can run across the Witcher in less than 30 minutes or 20 minutes or whatever too. But that game has miles and miles of just empty nothing between places. I'm not into big maps for the sake of being big. 

"muh immersion" or whatever aside. I don't like walking for 15 minutes to get where i'm going all the time.

So, I have not gotten shipping notification from the Bethesda Store (paid the extra $10 to get it on release day). Is this normal? Just assume I'm good to go for tomorrow?

I went into best buy yesterday and asked why I hadn't gotten shipping notification either. They said it won't ship until the day before to ensure that nobody gets it early but they assured me I will have it release day... I just hope the mailman gets there early.