Fallout Discussion: “76”

Is everyone playing on hard+ or anyone on normal?

Playing on Survival and getting my ass kicked. Just dropped to Hard.

Im on normal mode. There's no difficulty related trophies right?

Nope. But using a higher difficulty has benefits. Better XP gains and you have the possibility of running into a legendary or special enemy. If you kill them they drop rare loot, guns and special perks (like enchanted stuff) you can grab off them that isnt in easier modes.

Plus it's fun to not be a gigantic vagina on your first play-through. You're soaking in the game and approaching each new challenge with a clean slate – do you really want to one-shot everything and yawn your way through encounters that would otherwise force you to focus and adapt strategies? Just seems like a rewarding approach. Easy mode on the first go of any game is some pretty weak shit.

In terms of difficulty? Nah. This game is unforgiving. It's way harder. Theres a new difficulty above very hard.

No, I mean 

Very Easy - Easy - Normal - Hard - Very Hard

I've definitely heard that the game is unforgiving, and I'm excited for the challenge--just want to know what the "normal" setting is.

Normal 1st playthrough for me. Will do hard next time.

The two hardest difficulties don't change anything but hp for enemies I've read. I don't consider that "fun" difficulty, especially in a game where ammo is a commodity. But hard should be fun 2nd time through.

Loving everything so far. Even built some stuff. Was swell.

If you want to make the game challenging on a lower difficulty setting don't well round your character. I intentionally gave mine super low strength and perception. It definitely isn't a cake walk, even on normal.

Talking down on people for difficulty settings is ridiculous. I have a full time job and family, I can't sink tons of hours into a game each and every day so feeling like I can't progress in the amount of time I do get to play is aggravating. What's fun about being pissed off and annoyed? Play however the fuck you want to. This isn't a competition.

Like I said, you can get it using dogmeat but I'might level 18 and still don't have a lick of cryo ammo. And I have master picklock perk now, so, I could have just gotten it normally. Basically useless to have early.

I think you can make it at one of the chemical benches. Don't quote me on that though.

Talking down on people for difficulty settings is ridiculous. I have a full time job and family, I can't sink tons of hours into a game each and every day so feeling like I can't progress in the amount of time I do get to play is aggravating. What's fun about being pissed off and annoyed? Play however the fuck you want to. This isn't a competition.

Filthy casual.