Fallout Discussion: “76”

i met him today and when I told him no, it had me pick a settlement to send him to.

Damn. I can't remember if I got that option or where I would have sent him.

On my second playthrough I'm definitely going with Cait for my companion. I'ma romance that bish.

You can romance multiple companions. Open relationship across the board! I'm currently in relationships with both Piper and Cait and nothing negative happened.

Damn. I can't remember if I got that option or where I would have sent him.

You can romance multiple companions. Open relationship across the board! I'm currently in relationships with both Piper and Cait and nothing negative happened.

I'm playing this one pretty "nice" and from what I gathered, Cait likes to travel with bad dudes. I'm going all out murder sprees, and lots of chems second playthrough so I thought it just fit better :)

It's weird strong likes when I'm mean to people but when I unlock something that needs a Bobby pin he dislikes that. The fuck homes, you're a mutant!

So many better companions than strong. He is by far the worst one available. I kicked his ass to the red rocket curb a long while ago and never went back for him. Every time I stop by to get some weapons out of my workbench or drop off some powered armor I run by him.. He just sits outside complaining about wanting milk or some shit. Fuck that guy.

You guys all use companions? I can't stand them. I just put points into lone wanderer to compensate. I don't remember if it had been mentioned here, but as of now, you keep the benefits of that perk even if you have dogmeat with you.

I do it until I max their love out to get their perk.

I do it until I max their love out to get their perk.

This. Plus the extra inventory space is very useful. If a companion's perk isn't beneficial to me I won't use them at all. For example, Strong's perk is "Berserk." You get 20+ damage with melee weapon attacks. I don't use melee at all, so Strong can keep his annoying ass at The Castle with all the other super needy settlers.

As far as I can tell Dogmeat is the only companion who offers a perk that's only useful if you keep him with you. "Attack Dog." Can bite and hold on to enemies for greater damage.

More info on companion perks here - http://www.techinsider.io/how-companions-work-in-fallout-4-2015-11

Billy is one ugly kid. The Glowing Sea is one scary looking place. I know there's more discoverable places there but I did my business and left. Also been running into a lot more death claws by union area and surrounding areas. Liberty Union. And a Behemoth who helped me take out a few Deathclaws. Also Behemoth got stuck in the doorway area of a barn, killed it easily. If not for that then he would've torn me up a lot of times in a row.

I haven't done that one yet. The miscellaneous one right?

I'm unsure. I'm pretty sure it's a side quest.

Just Cause 3 has now sucked me out of Fallout. Oh boy.

How is it? Watched a couple of reviews and am not convinced. It basically looks like Far Cry 3 with a grappling hook and destructible environments.  

How is it? Watched a couple of reviews and am not convinced. It basically looks like Far Cry 3 with a grappling hook and destructible environments.  

Fun for sure and has a lot of content. Its a huge open world sandbox with a ton of action. It looks great too. But it falls short by having the tropes of just about every open world game ever.

It does very little to innovate on a larger scale. It's a whole lot better than Far Cry 4 in every sense of the way especially in mechanics/gameplay.

I think once people start modding it and possibly adding online multiplayer like JC2 it will be a lot better on PC at least.... 

Currently has some performance issues and always-online leaderboards nonsense that kills FPS too.

If you can grab it on sale or have a knack to fly jets, tether cows to a windmill and blow stuff up then go for it.

Huh, that is a very insightful article. I agree with him on a lot of points. Still love the game, but he made me realize how much better it could have been, but was changed so drastically to appeal to more gamers.

I believe it was written by a gal named Patricia Hernandez lol, but I got the same thing out of it as you did. Maybe the DLC will take a different approach, although if someone wanted they could potentially top their character out prior.