The SYNTHWAVE Thread

Le Matos will be selling their Chronicles of the Wasteland / Turbo Kid OST double album from Dec. 2 on Mondotees.com

12249614_10153800980274630_4602238941878

Both can be streamed in full here:

This is me two tracks in:

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Magnatron compilation in today from New Retro Wave. The package felt light for a 2xLP, but I though maybe they just pressed it on thinner vinyl. Nope. It's a single LP. Not a great start for NRW with their first release. They advertised it as a double LP, charged a hefty $35 for it, but when it ended up being a single record (they say due to some production issues and miscommunication with the plant) instead of at least notifying those who purchased and apologizing for the mistake, they figured it would be better to just leave it a surprise. Bad job, NRW.  -_-

Got my Magnatron compilation in today from New Retro Wave. The package felt light for a 2xLP, but I though maybe they just pressed it on thinner vinyl. Nope. It's a single LP. Not a great start for NRW with their first release. They advertised it as a double LP, charged a hefty $35 for it, but when it ended up being a single record (they say due to some production issues and miscommunication with the plant) instead of at least notifying those who purchased and apologizing for the mistake, they figured it would be better to just leave it a surprise. Bad job, NRW. -_-

You got me curious, and yes my order email was for a 2xLP, so yeah, that kind of sucks. Would have been nice to see these running at 45 RPM, or just a nice heavy disc, but I suppose that's what we have to deal with. Though I'd have bought it regardless they really should have alerted the buyers to this change. Hopefully they'll avoid this mistake in the future and/or make it up somehow to those who purchased the album.

Regardless their customer service treated me really well, and were quick to respond to my problem, so that's one good sign. Like I said, hopefully they'll avoid this sort of thing from here on out.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, like GhostTrail said, I thought I'd just keep "synthwave" in the title and use the rest for updates on new releases, but I can just as well put "perturbator" in there as well if you guys would prefer it that way.

Also, I just realized it would make more sense if the "synthwave thread" is in the beginning of the title 

Speaking of Carpenter Brut, why is there still no talk of a Trilogy repress?  <_<

Serious shit, resale prices on that one almost hurt worse than when Dangerous Days was barely out..

Well I hope he will do one, but last time I spoke with him (mid 2015) he said it is not planned because it is too much work.

Cross my fingers for 2016. I still have one red and one black for trade (looking for deja entendu rsd on my top list)

It will be a 250 red and 250 black pressing (total 500) on 140g LP

I think there will be plenty enought for everybody :)

There were 500 last time and they went in a few hours.

Even though I have this in red, I might try and grab a black, since they changed the album art. I like the idea of having one of each.