Nirvana Greatest Hits - coming soon

Nirvana was my gateway band. They are the reason I am obsessed with music. So yeah, I know a lot of random shit about Nirvana. Haha. And my love for Nirvana is one of the reasons I love Foo so much. I've been listening to Foo since '95 I think, and Nirvana since about '93. I was only 6 or 7 when I hear 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' for the first time. Two decades later, and all their music just gets better, and better with age. The older I get, the better their music gets. I love it.

I used to get super focused on just one band and listen to almost nothing but them for months until I got burned out. Did that with Nirvana and it took years but I got burned out and now every once in a while I can listen to them a lot for a while. I do this with all my favorite bands really. Take breaks, then its awesome again when I'm ready. I still revisit G n' R sometimes and listen to all their albums.  Can't wait to hear about that one... they do sound pretty amazing on good headphones.  :) They were the band I was obsessed with before Nirvana. Before that I was into pop music..  :P

I forgot to tell you that the Live & Loud was pressed to vinyl, along with the SNL performances.

Import from the UK. New and never played double LP on blue vinyl.

DELUXE VINYL EDITION! Previously unreleased broadcast of the seminal free concert at Seattle's Pier 48 in September 1993. Also included is a second Nirvana broadcast of the band's show at The Palace, in Melbourne, Australia on 2nd February, 1992, with Nirvana showcasing much of what was then their new album, Nevermind. Finally an additional four tracks from the two appearances Nirvana made on legendary American sketch show "Saturday Night Live" are also made available.

Tracklist -

SIDE A (MTV Live & Loud 1993)

1. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

2. Drain You

3. Breed

4. Serve The Servants

5. Rape Me

SIDE B (MTV Live & Loud 1993)

6. Heart Shaped Box

7. Penny Royal Tea

8. Scentless Apprentice

9. Lithium

10. Endless Nameless

SIDE C (Triple J broadcast 1992)

1. About A Girl

2. Come As You Are

3. Breed

4. Polly

5. Lounge Act

6. Love Buzz

SIDE D

7. Lithium (Triple J broadcast 1992)

8. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Saturday Night Live, 1992)

9. Territorial Pissings (Saturday Night Live, 1992)

10. Rape Me (Saturday Night Live, 1993)

11. Heart Shaped Box (Saturday Night Live, 1993)

I have a copy, and it's pretty damn good. A lot better then the first batch of Paramount BluRays (audio wise). Haha.

nirvana_20feels_202_original.jpg

How's the sound on these? I almost got one when they were released, but decided not to since I'm skeptical of bootlegs.

Nirvana was my gateway band. They are the reason I am obsessed with music. So yeah, I know a lot of random shit about Nirvana. Haha. And my love for Nirvana is one of the reasons I love Foo so much. I've been listening to Foo since '95 I think, and Nirvana since about '93. I was only 6 or 7 when I hear 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' for the first time. Two decades later, and all their music just gets better, and better with age. The older I get, the better their music gets. I love it.

I was explaining that to a friend recently - the more time passes, the more I appreciate this band.

I was explaining that to a friend recently - the more time passes, the more I appreciate this band.

I was this way too. My dad bought me the guitar tab book for Nevermind, and the CD, when I was 10 and I didn't think much of it, but as years passed I have come to truly appreciate everything they've done. SmashPump was the same way for me. In all fairness, my dad bought me a copy of Machina 1 as my first SP CD, after being used to all the Mellon Collie stuff I grew up with on the radio. I was like....huh?! One of my favs now though.

How's the sound on these? I almost got one when they were released, but decided not to since I'm skeptical of bootlegs.

Like Allen said, as a whole it is a great copy. There are a few spots where it gets a little "loud", but all in all it is definitely worth picking up. The packaging is well done, and the gate is nice and thick. Plus the discs are pretty heavy, and a nice transparent dark blue.

// Nirvana Catalog

320kbps

Bleach

Nevermind

Nevermind (Super Deluxe)

In Utero

In Utero (Super Deluxe)

Incesticide

MTV Unplugged

Muddy Banks

Nirvana

With The Lights Out

Sliver

Reading

Icon

Ultimate Best Of

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0itFJYFArNccHNIZVdIVUVqSEE/view?usp=sharing

Short story time:

One time I was touring for Kids In The Hall doing merch (random, I know). One of the guys told me a story how he went to a Nirvana show, and Kurt called him out because he was such a fan of Kids In The Hall. Kurt then invited him back stage, and gave him his number. Apparently he told him that Kids In The Hall was one of the reasons he wore dresses on stage.

Kurt was supposed to be going to Kids In The Hall show like within the next week from when he passed.
The day it happened Scott was about to call him to see if he was still coming when he turned on the news.
I got chills talking to him about it.

I just talked to a guy who still has Kurt's number. It was a little haunting.

Sounds familiar but wtf is that? I thought I was done with this thread. Who keeps giving this guy so many up votes? Geez!!

It's an Australian tour EP from '92. And the original variant is badass!

Australian version is limited to 15000 copies (01/27/92):

10000 copies on CD

4000 copies on 12" vinyl

1000 copies on Cassette

Tracks:

Turnaround
Aneurysm
D-7
Son Of A Gun
Even In His Youth
Molly's Lips

There is also a copy on brown marble that came out for RSD a few years ago.

R-537411-1297237941.jpeg.jpg

R-537411-1297237977.jpeg.jpg