Nirvana Greatest Hits - coming soon

I agree most greatest hits don't really make sense

But this is probably one of my favorite greatest hits (assuming it's the 2002)

Also for "you know you're right"

On a side note, I want to get all of their albums on vinyl now, is the quality pretty good on the recent presses?

I can't find In Utero in any of my local shops and most online vendors only stock the 3xLP version. So I can't vouch for that one.

My Incesticide is from '92 (this needs a non-RSD reissue).

I have the recent Pallas Nevermind and it has no problems, and sounds great.

Bleach and MTV Unplugged I don't recall having issues with, each is the newest pressing.

Well this is the "thing that makes me feel super old" for the day. I remember listening to Nirvana when Kurt was still alive.

If it makes you feel super old think what it does for me, I remember it vividly though, 1994 was the year two people died from different walks of life that had a big impact on the younger me.

16 when KC passed. Was a very sad day for my friends and I. Smoked a lot of weed that day, and remember throwing up after drinking Canadian Whiskey from a friend's parents liquor cabinet.

Cuz Canadian whiskey is garbage. It had nothing to do with your 16year old stomach haha.

I agree most greatest hits don't really make sense

But this is probably one of my favorite greatest hits (assuming it's the 2002)

Also for "you know you're right"

On a side note, I want to get all of their albums on vinyl now, is the quality pretty good on the recent presses?

Yeah, I loved the 2002 greatest hits too. Will probably get it if that's what it is.

I can't find In Utero in any of my local shops and most online vendors only stock the 3xLP version. So I can't vouch for that one.

My Incesticide is from '92 (this needs a non-RSD reissue).

I have the recent Pallas Nevermind and it has no problems, and sounds great.

Bleach and MTV Unplugged I don't recall having issues with, each is the newest pressing.

The Steve Albini mix is by far the best version of In Utero, and you definitely need it on vinyl. You can get it cheaper on Discogs (than what I see it go for in stores from time to time). Usually are $35 on Discogs, and $55+ in stores. http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-In-Utero-2013-Mix/release/5146137

I have the 200g RSD version of Incesticide, and damn does it sound amazing. But I agree, a non RSD release would be great.

I have the 180g remastered deluxe pressing of Bleach and it is fantastic. For Unplugged I have the ORG 2009 180g pressing, and like all ORG, it sounds amazing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

For anyone looking to get a copy of Nevermind:

I have a few different copies of Nevermind. The MFSL 24k CD is the best quality overall, and I use it as my digital listening copy. The best vinyl copy is the ORG pressing. I have pretty much all of them (I have all of them digitally as FLAC), and have done a lot of spinning. Whatever you do, just never buy those damn picture discs; they sound like complete shit - the loudness war won on those. Same goes for that Blue Ray Pure Audio Disk. The 20th Anniversary 4xLP Black is great though, and doesn't use the "remastered" tracks that dickhead Bob Ludwig did. The HD Tracks 96/24 is great too, but I still prefer the MFSL version.

// Various Audio Versions

•Nevermind 1991 Original Release - Not Great at all sadly.

•Nevermind 1996 MSFL 24k CD - Best Audio Quality (In my opinion. A lot of people don't like it.)

•Nevermind 1996 MFSL 200g - Fantastic Copy - Good luck getting one!

•Nevermind 2008 Back To Black 180g - Really, really good vinyl copy. Hard to come by M/M.

•Nevermind 2009 ORG 180g - Great Copy

•Nevermind 2009 ORG 180g Pallas - Best Vinyl Copy - http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/4175725

•Nevermind (UIJY-9009 Japan 2LP 200g) - No better than the '96 MFSL Copy (More Expensive)

•Nevermind 2011 20th Anniversary 4xLP 180g DGC - Decent.

•Nevermind 2011 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe Remastered CDs - $$$ HORSE SHIT - http://www.oldies.com/product-view/30799O.html

•Nevermind 2011 20th Anniversary 4xLP Pic Disks DGC - Worst version of Nevermind ever. Fuck Bob Ludwig. Same with ^^^

Anyways, everyone's preferences vary as well as their listening set up. So this game can be a little expensive as there are a lot of copies floating out there, with various descriptions of what sounds the best.

But if you're going to get one, get the Pallas ORG: http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/4175725// The cheapest copy you can get is the Pallas repress for like $23: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/92391/Nirvana-Nevermind-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record / http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/4819086

Of course, most (excluding that stupid Super Deluxe CD) of the best copies of Nevermind are expensive, and hard to get a hold of. The damn MFSL 24k G CD goes for $100+ easily. You can find one on Discogs for $65 right now which isn't horrible. http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/603150I can always send anyone a rip of it though. This copy is the way you're meant to listen to Nevermind. If you haven't heard it, oh man, the album will come to life for you even more!

Woops. Nirvana rant. Sorry!

The Steve Albini mix is by far the best version of In Utero, and you definitely need it on vinyl. You can get it cheaper on Discogs (than what I see it go for in stores from time to time). Usually are $35 on Discogs, and $55+ in stores. http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-In-Utero-2013-Mix/release/5146137

I have the 200g RSD version of Incesticide, and damn does it sound amazing. But I agree, a non RSD release would be great.

I have the 180g remastered deluxe pressing of Bleach and it is fantastic. For Unplugged I have the ORG 2009 180g pressing, and like all ORG, it sounds amazing.

I've heard good things about those Albini mixes...I'm putting it on a list for sure. I'm trying not to buy too many records (if any) in the next month since I upgraded my phone last night.

If anyone needs anything, this is the Nirvana I have in hifi digital form:

• Bleach - Deluxe Edition - HDTracks - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz ***
  • Greatest Hits - US 2008 - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Hormoaning - 1992 Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • In Utero - Steve Albini Mix - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz ***
  • In Utero - 20th Anniversary Edition - HDTracks - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • In Utero - Blu Ray Audio Pure Disk - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Incesticide - 1992 Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Incesticide - 1992 CD Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • MTV Unplugged - Back To Black EU 180g Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz ***
  • Muddy Banks - US 1996 Vinyl Rip- FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - US 1996 MFSL 200g Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - Japan 2007 200g Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - US 1991 Original Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - ORG Pallas Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - The Singles - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - MFSL 24k Gold CD - FLAC - 16bit | 44kHz ***

*** - BEST COPY

(Added Greatest, Hor, Incest. (CD), and Muddy.)

If anyone needs anything, this is the Nirvana I have in hifi digital form:

• Bleach - Deluxe Edition - HDTracks - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz ***
  • In Utero - Steve Albini Mix - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz ***
  • In Utero - 20th Anniversary Edition - HDTracks - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • In Utero - Blu Ray Audio Pure Disk - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Incesticide - 1992 Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • MTV Unplugged - Back To Black EU 180g Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz ***
  • Nevermind - US 1996 MFSL 200g Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - Japan 2007 200g Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - US 1991 Original Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - ORG Pallas Vinyl Rip - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz
  • Nevermind - The Singles - FLAC - 24bit | 96kHz