Nirvana Greatest Hits - coming soon

Holy shit. This is one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen and I absolutely love it.

I had no idea they were on American Bandstand...how the fuck did that even happen?

Haha right!

I'd imagine since Virgin being a major, they put their bands/artists anywhere the masses would see them regardless.

As far as that performance of Teen Spirit goes, that was because the show wouldn't let them actually play, and made them sing to a backing track. So as their good ole 'fuck you' they decided to be asses back, and "play" the way they did.

Moral of the story: fuck you TV executives.

--

"When Nirvana was asked to perform their new hit single, “Smells Like Teen Spirit” on England’s Top of the Pops television program, they were told by show executives that they had to sing live to an instrumental backing track of the song. Nirvana refused and asked to play live, but the show executives would not let them. As a result, Nirvana turned in one of their most memorable performances ever.

Kurt Cobain ”played” his guitar with his fingers inches away from the frets and made it completely obvious her was not playing. Dave Grohl danced around in his seat for most of the performance, while Krist Novoselic waved his bass guitar around his head. Cobain sang in a low, dramatic opera voice, later claiming he was trying to impersonate Morrissey. He even changed some of his lyrics ”Load up on guns, bring your friends” became “Load up on drugs, kill your friends”."

I only heard the first 2 songs so far but In Bloom was pretty good, almost like the original put through distortion effect though. Could have swore I saw the words "electronic tribute" when it came up for RSD. Guess I was wrong. I did like that electronic Smells Like Teen Spirit that came out years ago though, pretty funny but awesome.

nice, I hope ORG is doing it.

I asked about this awhile ago when they (ORG) had the rights to the Nirvana stuff. They said the label was unwilling to give them the licensing for it (Greatest Hits) as the label ( I believe WB has the rights to this album) planned on releasing it themselves. This was about two years ago....

<p>

Ok, here is a list of all the FLAC version of Nirvana albums that I have. Most of these are 24bit | 96kHz, but some are 16bit | 44.1kHz. All of which are awesome quality, and sound amazing. Enjoy!

Bonus, the Robotic Empire cover album of Nevermind (FLAC):

Bonus for Foo fans (FLAC):

I feel like a jackass asking, do you have the Live and Loud album that came with the super deluxe set? I can't figure out how to pull the audio off of the DVD version.

I feel like a jackass asking, do you have the Live and Loud album that came with the super deluxe set? I can't figure out how to pull the audio off of the DVD version.

Good, cause you are a jackass! Just kidding.

Yeah, I have it. I didn't include it cause people are usually on the fence with live stuff. I'll upload it toady for ya.

Here ya go, jackass!

In Utero | Super Deluxe | FLAC | Disc 3 | Live & Loud

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0itFJYFArNcOTVyYS1KNC1lUlU/view?usp=sharing

Is that the new years MTV show they did?

Live And Loud showcases the final touring lineup of Cobain, Novoselic, Grohl, and Pat Smear and features their complete 'Live and Loud' show from Seattle's Pier 48 on December 13, 1993 plus never-before-released bonus material (I have it on DVD). It's awesome.

Live And Loud showcases the final touring lineup of Cobain, Novoselic, Grohl, and Pat Smear and features their complete 'Live and Loud' show from Seattle's Pier 48 on December 13, 1993 plus never-before-released bonus material (I have it on DVD). It's awesome.

Im pretty sure its the one Im thinking of. The good one. :)