Fragile charges (new post office fees)

This seems to only make sense if this is a charge to have things handled separately from the rest of sorted mail. I print my own postage and bulk bought fragile stickers. To me, the fragile stickers are for the mail carriers and such not for the machines that process my package. I hope this makes sense because otherwise this charge makes no sense and would take an enormous amount of effort to enforce for an entity that has been hemorrhaging money for years.

Also Batman looks liked you got hosed by a shitty postal clerk.

This seems to only make sense if this is a charge to have things handled separately from the rest of sorted mail. I print my own postage and bulk bought fragile stickers. To me, the fragile stickers are for the mail carriers and such not for the machines that process my package. I hope this makes sense because otherwise this charge makes no sense and would take an enormous amount of effort to enforce for an entity that has been hemorrhaging money for years.

Also Batman looks liked you got hosed by a shitty postal clerk.

Talked to my post office a day or two ago and forgot to post on here.

The folks you're dealing with are just being dicks and charging you a "special handling" charge. This means it is put in a separate bin from the rest of the mail. My post lady I dealt with, who was an absolute sweetheart, as well as her manager both looked at me like I was crazy when I explained to them what you guys were talking about. She then proceeded to explain it to me and stamp all my stuff as fragile, while not charging me anything extra.

It is still fine to write fragile on your packages, and you should not be charged anything extra. If an employee tries to charge you this, you need to ask to speak with the manager so they can be set straight.

The folks you're dealing with are just being dicks and charging you a "special handling" charge. This means it is put in a separate bin from the rest of the mail. My post lady I dealt with, who was an absolute sweetheart, as well as her manager both looked at me like I was crazy when I explained to them what you guys were talking about. She then proceeded to explain it to me and stamp all my stuff as fragile, while not charging me anything extra.

It is still fine to write fragile on your packages, and you should not be charged anything extra. If an employee tries to charge you this, you need to ask to speak with the manager so they can be set straight.

I just found this out also. I shipped a record on Tuesday and mentioned it and my guy said he never heard of that. Went in there today and he told me the same thing as above. He even printed me literature about it. He said you should be able to get a refund...

Thanks for quoting me on this. I knew I wasn't crazy. It's like when you print postage and just want a clerk to scan the barcode for acceptance (especially for International packages) and they say they can't scan it or they're not allowed to. It's bullshit. Talk to another clerk, a manager, or go to another PO.

Thanks for quoting me on this. I knew I wasn't crazy. It's like when you print postage and just want a clerk to scan the barcode for acceptance (especially for International packages) and they say they can't scan it or they're not allowed to. It's bullshit. Talk to another clerk, a manager, or go to another PO.

No prob, dude.

I almost totally forgot to post about it in here after I talked to them. I've been really lazy the last few days

• 3 weeks later...

I sent a record off earlier this week and the mailer had a "Careful Fragile Contents" sticker on it from where ever I had ordered it from to begin with. When I asked the clerk he told me it was because they were putting Fragile items separately for special handling now, so he covered the sticker for me and I just got the insurance for cheaper.

I talked about it with my local post office too, and they won't apply that charge for just any package stamped FRAGILE.

They have a special FRAGILE sticker that you're basically buying for that new fee, and packages with that sticker will received "extra special handling" and "careful transportation".

If we could only get a picture of that sticker so we know not to buy it. That is unless you're shipping a Déjà test press...

This is the sticker that you'll have to pay the extra charges for. Any other fragile sticker or fragile notation on the package won't incur those same fees.

image_zpsspzxpa8k.jpg