PO now: David Bowie - Five Years 1969-1973 box set

Still nothing on my box set. :(

Since the Blackstar thread is still stupidly locked, I will report here that I got my black copy from Barnes. Perfect shape and sounds great. I am worried about the ultra clear PVC style record sleeve. I can't tell if this is the bad stuff that has been proven to destroy the record over time.

Blackstar lock theory= tattle tale little boy of a man

Blackstar order finally shipped today from BN, ordered on 11th. Every time I listen to that album I'm knocked off my feet. It exudes timelessness. It may be the most memorable album/release/situation of my lifetime, it just hits me that hard. I'm not a huge Bowie fan, but I'm so drawn in.

Words can't describe how MASSIVE this box set is.  It weighs at least 15lbs and everything about it is perfect.  The records sounds amazing as well.

Also, for those who have theirs incoming from DeepDiscount, don't worry about packaging.  Mine was placed in a box with styrofoam that fit perfectly around the bottom and top of the box so it couldn't move around inside even if it tried.  Not the shitty styrofoam either.  The soft, padded kind.

I'm so glad I got it for the price I did, but now that I have it and know what it's like, I probably would have spent retail on it.

Looks like I may be screwed for the box set from deepdiscounts. They wrote and said it was on backorder and will be shipped when it is in stock. Does anyone know if they actually do get things back in stock? I've never dealt with this company.

They do for things that are released in perpetuity. Since this is kinda sorta limited, who knows.

Maybe my youth is bleeding through me but I actually didnt know who David Bowie was when I saw a bunch of people on facebook posting that he died. Iam so sorry for his families loss. I feel bad for his fans to since he made them happy.

It's not your youth, it is your musical ignorance.

• 2 weeks later...