PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

So, last night was absolutely incredible. Got to hang with Philip and Forbes before the show. We all talked music, Caspian, records, etc. over beers and cigs. Laughing our asses off and talking business. All I can say is that I got a lot of insider info, and I'm excited for Caspian's future. Not only that, but I love and respect those dudes 10x more now.

The highlight of the evening was that they played The Raven and dedicated it to me. Phil came up to me after and hugged me, and told me it was for me. I'm still speechless about it. It's a hefty thought to process one of your favorite bands playing a song they really don't play anymore and have them dedicate it to you; heavy.

Talked to Philip about Nirvana / Foo / Dave / Kurt at the end of the night for a good 20 minutes, so you can imagine how happy I was about that. Haha.

Lastly, because of him I'll be one step closer to completing my Caspian collection from him offering me his personal copy. I won't say which one, but I'm sure you die hard Caspian fans know what I'm talking about. He also gave me a cable that he had been using since Waking Season. So that's badass.

congrats to you indeed for that accomplishment, and the kicker is that its from him.

id get my whole office to stand up and applaud if i could.

so happy for you Matt.

That was probably one of the best nights of my life. Just being able to sit down with one of favorite bands, and talk with them like we've been friends forever. The show itself was probably in the top 2 for the times I've seen them. The crowd was really into it, the sound was great, the energy was there, and the set list was phenomenal. Then adding that dedication to me, and the offer of trans maroon, I don't have words, dude. But if anyone knows how I feel about this, it's you, Charlie. Thank you, buddy.

I'll just leave this here:

7JsBYWm.jpg

That was probably one of the best nights of my life. Just being able to sit down with one of favorite bands, and talk with them like we've been friends forever. The show itself was probably in the top 2 for the times I've seen them. The crowd was really into it, the sound was great, the energy was there, and the set list was phenomenal. Then adding that dedication to me, and the offer of trans maroon, I don't have words, dude. But if anyone knows how I feel about this, it's you, Charlie. Thank you, buddy.

I'll just leave this here:

7JsBYWm.jpg

Looks and sounds awesome Matt. Glad you enjoyed yourself so much, and got to hang out with one of your favorite bands.

So, last night was absolutely incredible. Got to hang with Philip and Forbes before the show. We all talked music, Caspian, records, etc. over beers and cigs. Laughing our asses off and talking business. All I can say is that I got a lot of insider info, and I'm excited for Caspian's future. Not only that, but I love and respect those dudes 10x more now.

The highlight of the evening was that they played The Raven and dedicated it to me. Phil came up to me after and hugged me, and told me it was for me. I'm still speechless about it. It's a hefty thought to process one of your favorite bands playing a song they really don't play anymore and have them dedicate it to you; heavy.

Talked to Philip about Nirvana / Foo / Dave / Kurt at the end of the night for a good 20 minutes, so you can imagine how happy I was about that. Haha.

Lastly, because of him I'll be one step closer to completing my Caspian collection from him offering me his personal copy. I won't say which one, but I'm sure you die hard Caspian fans know what I'm talking about. He also gave me a cable that he had been using since Waking Season. So that's badass.

Holy shit dude this story actually gave me goosebumps. Unreal. Seriously one of the coolest stories I've heard. I'm totally name dropping you next time I can see them haha.

Can't wait to see that sucker on IG. Congrats.

Thanks, everybody! I knew all of you would understand how much all of it meant to me. A few people in this thread have evolved that love of Caspian (they know who they are) as well as have helped fill in holes in my collection; I cherish that.

It was pretty cool to bring the YATC Test Press because none of the guys have ever seen it. So they were all amazed by it. Pretty cool to share a pressing of theirs that they have never seen before.

So, the Newbury white/clear splatter is completely gorgeous in person.  I really like it a lot more than I initially thought I would.

The packaging is top notch, but I think my favorite part is the fact that the front cover is a matte finish but the back cover and inside spread are all glossy.  It's a cool little detail that I'm sure cost extra money, but is worth it.

And, most importantly, it sounds awesome.

So, the Newbury white/clear splatter is completely gorgeous in person.  I really like it a lot more than I initially thought I would.

The packaging is top notch, but I think my favorite part is the fact that the front cover is a matte finish but the back cover and inside spread are all glossy.  It's a cool little detail that I'm sure cost extra money, but is worth it.

And, most importantly, it sounds awesome.

They're all like that, dude.