PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

Well, that sucks. Was going to grab one Friday. Guess I'll go with Newbury after all.

Dude has one for sale in the FS forum, I don't have the link, but his list in on google docs and his name is dustin I believe, and the thread is less than 2 days old. asking $30 for it, if he still has it.  My Newbury shipped was >$30  DES

Well, that sucks. Was going to grab one Friday. Guess I'll go with Newbury after all.

excellent choice.

Just ordered the BSM silver splatter.

Discount code posted a few pages back still works for anyone still needing to pick one up.

its so pretty. sounds so amazing. youre gonna love it.

Any suggestions on what press I should buy as a great listening copy. I would like to get the 180 gram to go along with my other 180 gram presses from their earlier presses but with all the issues ive been hearing im open to a better soudning solution. Anybody can reccomend a great sounding copy theyve come across so far they would suggest getting out of all the presses thus far. Thanks!

Dude has one for sale in the FS forum, I don't have the link, but his list in on google docs and his name is dustin I believe, and the thread is less than 2 days old. asking $30 for it, if he still has it. My Newbury shipped was >$30 DES

Was trying to avoid shipping cost. I was able to grab one at Newbury after work. Thanks for the heads up though!

Did anyone happen to get that actual pressing numbers on the tour variant? I asked the merch guy and he was like uhh, maybe 500? So not really a clear answer.

They were amazing last night.  I liked them before but their live show is incredible.  The copy of Dust and Disquiet they had available was white which is listed as limited but also the retail version.  I also picked up a Waking Season which ended up being the forest green swirl.  Merch guy - Justin or Josh I believe in my case - couldn't tell me what color prior to purchasing but I wanted it either way.

They played with Circle Takes the Square.  Excellent show all around.  

Planned a vacation to see some of my family up in GA around the Caspian show on the 17.  Show was amazing, they get better every time I see them.  The new material was even more intense live.

I got a copy of Dust and Disquiet thinking it was the tour press, and I just opened it and it was white vinyl?  Saw someone say a few posts back the tour press is sold out?  Shiiiit.  Can anyone help me out?

Planned a vacation to see some of my family up in GA around the Caspian show on the 17. Show was amazing, they get better every time I see them. The new material was even more intense live.

I got a copy of Dust and Disquiet thinking it was the tour press, and I just opened it and it was white vinyl? Saw someone say a few posts back the tour press is sold out? Shiiiit. Can anyone help me out?

Yeah it apparently sold out a few shows back.

White is the retail version.

• 2 weeks later...

The lady is out of town for a few days, so I decided to put on my tour copy and turn it up to 11.

I feel more confident than ever saying this is the best work Caspian has put out. It's their magnum opus. Better than Tertia.

Decided to splurge on the Newbury variant while it was still available...

Any suggestions on what press I should buy as a great listening copy. I would like to get the 180 gram to go along with my other 180 gram presses from their earlier presses but with all the issues ive been hearing im open to a better soudning solution. Anybody can reccomend a great sounding copy theyve come across so far they would suggest getting out of all the presses thus far. Thanks!

I have every variant.

The best sounding of each country:

US - Newbury clear w/ splatter.

EU - BSM Black /700.

US white, and tour both sound great as well. Ironically the 180g black isn't that great. It's good, don't get me wrong, but not what it should be.

AUZ half / half sounds great, as well as the EU black w/ splatter. You can do no wrong really, but Newbury does sound the best in my opinion by a hair. Not only does it look great, and sound great, but it's cheap. I highly suggest it.

I have every variant.

Can you tell something about the EU indie exclusive clear/black color-in-color press? There's a copy in my local shop and I am on the fence about it. Should I come around to getting a copy, I would like it to sound as good as possible. At least, as far as I could tell from the pictures on discogs, that variant looks totally awesome.

Can you tell something about the EU indie exclusive clear/black color-in-color press? There's a copy in my local shop and I am on the fence about it. Should I come around to getting a copy, I would like it to sound as good as possible. At least, as far as I could tell from the pictures on discogs, that variant looks totally awesome.

I can't compare to the other variants, but I enjoy the color in color quite a lot. It's not dead quiet, but quiet enough to be listened to via headphones. I'm very happy with it and would totally recommend picking it up.

Also, those discogs pics are mine, so thanks! :D

I can't compare to the other variants, but I enjoy the color in color quite a lot. It's not dead quiet, but quiet enough to be listened to via headphones. I'm very happy with it and would totally recommend picking it up.

Also, those discogs pics are mine, so thanks! :D

Ha! Glad you're enjoying it, I'm going to give it a few more lstens and decide then. I really enjoyed it to the point where I thought to myself "well, what's missing now is some good vocals" - and then they hit. Not sure whether this will stick with me more than Tertia did, but it is for sure that it's a great album.

My Newberry variant was super noisey out of the package, so I washed it last night. I have not gotten around to spinning it again yet, to see if it helped. It had a ton of splatter sand on it too.

BSM says my /300 shipped, still hasn't shown, so I contacted Awesome Distro and they are working on a refund.

Newbury sounds great, so glad I splurged on that one now.

This album gets better with each listen, but I don't know if I will reach for it > Tertia as my go to.  I love everything , every single thing they've done, each in its own right.  Top 5 all time favorite bands and live experience. 

BSM says my /300 shipped, still hasn't shown, so I contacted Awesome Distro and they are working on a refund.

Newbury sounds great, so glad I splurged on that one now.

This album gets better with each listen, but I don't know if I will reach for it > Tertia as my go to.  I love everything , every single thing they've done, each in its own right.  Top 5 all time favorite bands and live experience. 

Going to see them Thursday night. Want me to see if they have any BSM /300 on sale at the gig?