PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

Got my black copy today and sadly it's 2 copies of A/B side. Guess I won't be hearing the title track before I see them next Sat. Not that I needed an excuse but I'll definitely be grabbing a tour copy now. So far, outstanding. Good mix of some of the acustomed softer side and love the build up to massiveness. The addition of more vocals is interesting but I'm sure it'll grow on me

Quit whining. You're getting "Loft". That is all that matters.

That's the most ironic thing you've ever said. I guess we can take solace in the fact it's English, and don't have to decode the ramblings of a a college freshman who just found out what a thesaurus is. I'm just so tired of your drunken baby mad-lib analogies, and overall bullshit. You're not impressing anyone, dude. You're actually annoying a lot of people on here.

Say something worth while (and no, that doesn't mean this site is for you to ask for generic post rock recommendations, and then give us your trash analogies). Actually, I changed my mind; just leave.

That's the most ironic thing you've ever said. I guess we can take solace in the fact it's English, and don't have to decode the ramblings of a a college freshman who just found out what a thesaurus is. I'm just so tired of your drunken baby mad-lib analogies, and overall bullshit. You're not impressing anyone, dude. You're actually annoying a lot of people on here.

Say something worth while (and no, that doesn't mean this site is for you to ask for generic post rock recommendations, and then give us your trash analogies). Actually, I changed my mind; just leave.

<3

i5jFdtg.gif

I can't believe I'm actually responding, but holy shit dude, really? Relax! Why do you have to be such a dick? Am I saying not-nice things about you? No, I'm not. I don't do that, because that's a shitty thing to do. I'm not going to leave; just because you say some mean shit and try to posture on the internet. I hope it made you feel better, at least. I mean part of me is kind of chuckling that I'm driving you so crazy here with how I post, because that's such a weird thing to care AT ALL about to begin with.

I'm just going to chalk it up to you having had a bad day, because I know people have reasons for losing it, and they can come from tons of different places.

Take a deep breathe, man. It will be okay.

I can't believe I'm actually responding, but holy shit dude, really? Relax! Why do you have to be such a dick? Am I saying not-nice things about you? No, I'm not. I don't do that, because that's a shitty thing to do. I'm not going to leave; just because you say some mean shit and try to posture on the internet. I hope it made you feel better, at least. I mean part of me is kind of chuckling that I'm driving you so crazy here with how I post, because that's such a weird thing to care AT ALL about to begin with.

I'm just going to chalk it up to you having had a bad day, because I know people have reasons for losing it, and they can come from tons of different places.

Take a deep breathe, man. It will be okay.

You so see that no one disagrees with him though, right? You do get pretty annoying, dude.

You so see that no one disagrees with him though, right? You do get pretty annoying, dude.

I get that not everybody always gets along with everybody else, I'm just being myself, man. There's no need to inject negativity or turn on each other.

Shouldn't places like this be a safe place to discuss and freak out about music, and be ourselves? Away from the shitty assholes in the real world who would judge us for spending assloads of money on wax circles and who don't really get the power and magnitude of transcendence that we're able to find and experience in songs like Sycamore or Gone In Bloom and Bough?

C'mon, guys!

This thread was supposed to worship the new masterpiece of one of OUR favorite bands!

No time/space for accusation and/or childish behavior!

Getting back on topic, I still haven't time to listen to the whole thing...damn!

Whole album is fucking great. I really like that they've kind of gradually worked their way into new and different elements; I'm really loving the percussion/electronic loop elements that they incorporated on this record.

This was an interesting record for me because when I finally was able to spin the vinyl, a lot of the slower songs took on wholly different shapes and identities for me; I'd only been listening to the CD in my car, driving places. I think that colors how you relate and internalize the ebb and flow and energy dynamics of the songs; you're able to "see" the songs completely differently when its just you sitting alone with the music and not doing anything else.

The title track has also grown a lot on me; at first I thought it was really weird how the song is broken into two parts, and how it has that first resolution and denouement about 4 minutes in, before the last main build sequence begins.

I get that not everybody always gets along with everybody else, I'm just being myself, man. There's no need to inject negativity or turn on each other.

Shouldn't places like this be a safe place to discuss and freak out about music, and be ourselves? Away from the shitty assholes in the real world who would judge us for spending assloads of money on wax circles and who don't really get the power and magnitude of transcendence that we're able to find and experience in songs like Sycamore or Gone In Bloom and Bough?

It's fine to be yourself, but I take issue with the fact that all of your posts are pretttty much the same thing. Let me break it down for you:

I really like how this song builds and the releases ::insert shitty metaphors throughout::

- Yeah dude, that's post-rock.

Man, this reminds me of that Rosetta album, when...

-Also interchangeable with Caspain, Phish, or Jakob album because those are the only four bands you ever fucking talk about.

Oh man, this song is transcendental, I felt like I left my body when... ::insert recap of the first kind of comment you make::

-No you didn't. You just enjoyed a song like everything else. Music is great, but c'mon, guy.

Boy I sure love vinyl.

-yup. We all do. This is a vinyl forum.

This is the last I'm going to "rip on you" because you're clearly not understanding. It just gets annoying that you repeat and rehash the same trite bullshit over and over regarding the same 4 or five bands like it's your religion. You don't have to preach to us, dude.

So has anyone reached out to Merch Direct for their replacement black copies? I got my replacement for my scratched copy lightning quick. Solid job by them for making it right.

I haven't even gotten my 180g black copy from hellomerch yet. was picked up in phoenix on the 18th and hasn't moved since. actually it said it was out for delivery here and then back in phoenix within like 3 hours so must've been some kind of glitch. I have no idea what's going on with it.

I haven't even gotten my 180g black copy from hellomerch yet. was picked up in phoenix on the 18th and hasn't moved since. actually it said it was out for delivery here and then back in phoenix within like 3 hours so must've been some kind of glitch. I have no idea what's going on with it.

Mine finally showed up on Friday. It has the duplicate A/B issue.

My black copy c/d was the same as a/b and I reached out and they send they would send me a replacement asap. This album though just keeps getting better after every listen. Rioseco is so good it just makes me want to cry and then Run Dry just comes out of nowhere with those vocals that I didn't think were going to be a good fit but they are just perfect. Each album just tops the next one for me, these guys can do no wrong.