VC coop final list announced

Guest admin1338560633

is every band now "PUNK ROCK"??? that word is like the new "GRUNGE" or "EMO"...everything is under the punk rock umbrella nowadays.. for gods sakes even people i talk too at work consider PARAMORE punk rock (vomits a bit). Maybe i'm just old and bitter... and saw it differently in the 80's and how it has evolved and lost all it's meaning. For the most part at least.

on another note: Flicker is right...there is really no diversity. We seem to like mostly all the same bands, sorta of how it was in the 80's/super early 90s (before nirvana got big) everyone liked SUB POP bands.. though different, they sorta fit a niche, were if you liked one band, most likely you like the others on that label... (remember this is 80's people, not sub pop now). that's how it is here. I'm not really complaining , just making a comparision, i am in that group of people who like about half of these bands, and could care less about a handful of the bands, and then there were those select few who i don't really like, but man, those albums would sell faster than PARIS HILTON's Dirty panties on ebay. (hint: Suicide Machines - Destruction by Definition)

Personally, i would have loved to see some weird metal album or jazz album in the list but oh well...I'm pretty happy with the list for the most part. I would have been happier with MTB and Jealous Sound before OSKER.. i just could never get into that band.

And to those of you who complained about the time it took to do stuff... i meant really complained.. this label is like a football team. you have 213+ new players. you aren't gonna have a so called team that runs like a "well oiled machine" the first time around. Give it a few tries and the way it's run is bound to only get better.

Bring on that FALCON 10"/12"/8 Track!!!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i'm just old and bitter... and saw it differently in the 80's and how it has evolved and lost all it's meaning. For the most part at least.

I'm pretty happy with the list for the most part.

With ya on both counts...

Glad to know someone understands where i'm coming from, well someone that basically was there rather than someone who only knows about it... damn i miss those days... well except for the assholes in the pit who'd fucking punch you even though you were only 13 and they were 19 or so... brutal

i understand the whole "punk rock umbrella" thing. i dont think any of those bands sound the same, and i dont think any of them are punk, but they all fall into a certain category i guess. and that "category" is what suburban home and the vinyl collective cater to and it is why we are all here on this site. there is plenty of variety in that list within that category, but if you thought you were gonna see some hip hop or jazz records up there, you might want to try a different board.

i understand the whole "punk rock umbrella" thing. i dont think any of those bands sound the same, and i dont think any of them are punk, but they all fall into a certain category i guess. and that "category" is what suburban home and the vinyl collective cater to and it is why we are all here on this site. there is plenty of variety in that list within that category, but if you thought you were gonna see some hip hop or jazz records up there, you might want to try a different board.

it was a pipe dream, regarding some jazz..it would be something i would have freaked out about, that it happened, but i wasn't holding my breath.

i knew what was gonna be up there, and i had faith that at least half of the stuff people voted for would be something i'd like. And guess what...it did.. now i'm really psyched about the FALCON stuff, mainly because i had never heard them till recently when the first list came out and i heard them and really dug them.. which i'm happy about, because that's one more band i like due to this board.

it was a pipe dream, regarding some jazz..it would be something i would have freaked out about, that it happened, but i wasn't holding my breath.

i knew what was gonna be up there, and i had faith that at least half of the stuff people voted for would be something i'd like. And guess what...it did.. now i'm really psyched about the FALCON stuff, mainly because i had never heard them till recently when the first list came out and i heard them and really dug them.. which i'm happy about, because that's one more band i like due to this board.

it wasnt so much directed at you because you pretty much seemed to understand whats going on with it. your post just made me decide to post what i did

im with you on the whole "punk" thing the word has lost its meaning

Man, I would love to have seen some Sonny Rollins or Albert Ayler anthology.

I was under the impression that after the top 10 or 15 were decided, everyone would vote a second time only using that list. What happened to this plan? I would very much like to vote on this list and push some of the better record ahead of some of the bullshit.

this is what i thought was going to happen too

as did i. i just think there should have been more eliminating of the impossible to press records. it was mentioned on more than one occasion that the devil and god is too long. its just a shame all these votes for a bunch of records not having a chance are getting wasted

this is what i thought was going to happen too

as did i. i just think there should have been more eliminating of the impossible to press records. it was mentioned on more than one occasion that the devil and god is too long. its just a shame all these votes for a bunch of records not having a chance are getting wasted

great. now women are voicing opinions. This project went down hill fast.

you better not be serious

Guest vito

i have to agree that i'm kind of disappointed with the lack of diversity in the list, but i mean, i knew what i was getting into when i paid my $60. my main hope with this was to get Mute Print pressed. hopefully that works out. anyway, back to the lack of diversity, there were releases that i wanted to nominate but didn't just because i knew they wouldn't have a chance of being voted on.

You always know how to get a +1 out of me.

you better not be serious

No, you better not be serious.

wtf, just because this board is probably 99% male, doesn't mean shit like that is okay or funny. some people actually think this way, so when someone who isn't a sexist piece of shit says stuff like that, the real assholes think its okay. and laughing it off sends the same message.

Agree wholeheartedly, except I wouldn't buy the MTB record. I've also kept my mouth shut about how I feel about the co-op.

I'm sorry but "I've kept my mouth shut about how I really feel" is such a bullshit cop out. It's just a nice way of saying you think it's stupid, which is fine. But if you have an issue with the idea of the co-op say so and see if you could make the idea better. I'm still amazed people with no dog in this race feel the need to talk shit about it, but instead of just foreshadowing your displeasure in the idea explain why you don't like it. I'm sure we'll all have pie on our faces when none of the records sell out, but until then why does this experiment bother people?

I'm a little late to respond to this, because I just got home. Anyways, I don't think the co-op is stupid, I'm not saying that the records won't sell. I actually think the co-op is a cool idea and I have faith that the records will sell fine (I just don't think they're very good, but really that's beside the point). Honestly, my feelings toward the co-op are really really irrelevent to this entire thread and I shouldn't have even said anything to begin with. I don't want to get into that because I know people are going to take it the wrong way and I'll start a shitstorm and really that's not what I'm trying to do. My feelings aren't negative I just think they'll get construed the wrong way.

wtf, just because this board is probably 99% male, doesn't mean shit like that is okay or funny. some people actually think this way, so when someone who isn't a sexist piece of shit says stuff like that, the real assholes think its okay. and laughing it off sends the same message.

You must have hated Borat...

[image]