PO - Say Anything ...Is A Real Boy 10 Year Anniversary Vinyl

Something has to pay for his house, wife, and kids!

I'm hoping the band is seeing profit from these!

kind of wonder if it's one of those situations where doghouse is milking it, not max... but max certainly does have an entrepreneurial spirit, what with the lucrative song shop and 80 different side projects and all

funny how things work -- a couple months after they released the 4th press, doghouse hadn't come close to moving all the units (but also "found" some, as labels tend to do). so they put up all five variants as a bundle for like $60. anyone else remember this? can't even get one copy of the album for that price now.

funny how things work -- a couple months after they released the 4th press, doghouse hadn't come close to moving all the units (but also "found" some, as labels tend to do). so they put up all five variants as a bundle for like $60. anyone else remember this? can't even get one copy of the album for that price now.

I don't remember that happening but the 4th press came out 3 years ago. The vinyl bubble has grown significantly since then.

I don't remember that happening but the 4th press came out 3 years ago. The vinyl bubble has grown significantly since then.

This. But what's the difference between reissuing on different colors and keeping it in print on black? Constantly generating revenue from this album would be more of a milking, wouldn't it?

Don't say it's milking because of the variants. I highly doubt the company is solely trying to get money from psychopathic variant collectors.

i thought the bubble was already pretty big in 2012... but maybe i'm being naive about it. i've bought maybe two or three records secondhand in the last couple of years so i haven't really had to deal with the monstrosity.

• 1 month later...