PO: Moving Mountains / Prawn Split 12" - Out 11/27/15

gmoney

my thoughts but for s/t

I even tried to play it again and again this week. either way this split has probably made me the happiest

It's so weird that you can't get into this record. Each listen I hear something I hadn't before and each listen is still so good. I'm in the MM is better than Prawn boat though. As good as Prawn is I think Mov Mou is just a little bit better.

it is confusing. I should like it. but to me it's just flat footed songs that all sound the same. I didn't get any distinctions or anything. I still play it as I don't hate it but I'm trying to figure out what it is. I'm still open minded to keep trying. I can learn to like an album via taste > respect. they went from loud, drawn out, creatively kept me on my toes. I didn't want acoustic finger picking. again, not a knock.

maybe I'll just get in the right mind.

butch, start with Foreward.

Originally I thought S/T was a big snoozefest, but after three or four listens through I really started to get into it. For me it still doesn't hold a candle to Pneuma or Foreward, but it's definitely good enough to stand tall next to those. It's just certain songs like "Hudson" that I honestly can not even get through that bring the whole record down for me. I can't listen to it straight through and that's an issue.

Originally I thought S/T was a big snoozefest, but after three or four listens through I really started to get into it. For me it still doesn't hold a candle to Pneuma or Foreward, but it's definitely good enough to stand tall next to those. It's just certain songs like "Hudson" that I honestly can not even get through that bring the whole record down for me. I can't listen to it straight through and that's an issue.

Wow. I figured Hudson would be the song even S/T critics would like. The ending of this song could be my favorite part of the album.

Pre-order is up: http://hellomerch.com/collections/moving-mountains/products/moving-mountains-prawn-split-12-vinyl

180g Black: 200

Clear w/Light Blue Splatter: 300

Solid Blue: ???

New Moving Mountains song "Deathless": http://www.stereogum.com/1835362/moving-mountains-deathless-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/