Sunn O))) - Kannon

• 3 weeks later...

REALLY tempted to get the GITD but I'm torn because it'll sound bad

Same here. I'll probably just go for a clear for it to match their other LPs. Too bad they don't have that in the EU store. Would amount to another 20$ shipping price. Perhaps SLRE will have these as an import though. Not sure if I can count on that.

The GITD is a nice touch but in all fairness, you have to ask yourself how many times you will be giving it a listen with the lights out. It would most definitely yield m a x i m u m  r e s u l t s if done though.  ;)

Some

Jumped on that Clear.

I actually plan on "listening" to the record, so that was the best choice for me. :lol:

I actually wish I could trade in my noisy white vinyl pressings for clear versions.

Why someone would buy the GITD with a "disclaimer" that states it is "gonna be noisy" is really beyond me. :P

Some people like their noise noisey?

Some people like their noise noisey?

True that. I keep forgetting this is "experimental" noise rock, so the extra grit may ADD to the experience, and not detract.

Kind of like the artists who release something "only" on cassette, cause the "hiss" and muffled audio adds to the experience.

I just don't get it though. I originally got into vinyl back in the 90s because a well pressed record just sounded better than the vintage CD versions, most of the time...

I want the version that "sounds" the best. So I guess that would be the 24bit+ studio file and my laptop...

But I just prefer the whole "vinyl experience..."

Maybe we are both right :lol:

Maybe we are both right :lol:

You are, but for different reasons. It's called opinion ;)

I'll wait it out until I actually listened to the album. They're one of the most devastating and chin dropping live experiences I've ever witnessed, but I barely see myself spinning their stuff at home. I own Black One and ordered the clear Monoliths & Dimensions a couple weeks ago (which hopefully shows up any day now) and I know for a fact that I don't 'need' any of their other albums in my collection. So I'll grab this if it adds something to my rarely seen Sunn O))) home experience that the other two don't already give me.