Want: My Dad's Texas Psych Band 45 from 1967

kperri

I hope this scheme works. I have a whole list of records that I'd like to have people buy for me.

Also, why are they asking anonymous people on a board? It's a cool idea, if true, to get him a copy. But it seems like if you rounded up a bunch of family members to chip in like $25 or so each, you could take care of this without asking people you don't know.

Hey guys... I am asking for $540 because GoFundMe charges you money as well as some company they use to for each donation made. Thanks for the input. I was just asking for a bit of help. btw... all of those pictures are of Paul Box. I do have a job as a teacher and my wife runs funkylittleshop on instagram. Neither of our jobs is enough to be able to afford $500 right now. I know its hard to believe, but we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck like 90% of America. If you can't help, you can't help.

Sounds like your wife needs to get a real job.

Hey guys... I am asking for $540 because GoFundMe charges you money as well as some company they use to for each donation made. Thanks for the input. I was just asking for a bit of help. btw... all of those pictures are of Paul Box. I do have a job as a teacher and my wife runs funkylittleshop on instagram. Neither of our jobs is enough to be able to afford $500 right now. I know its hard to believe, but we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck like 90% of America. If you can't help, you can't help.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/03/30/almost-half-of-americans-arent-saving-nearly-enough

This says only 18% of Americans don't put away saving. Might wanna rethink that guess.

Bunch of bullshit.

I'm a teacher too dude, in the worst paying state in the country...I own my own home, own two cars, and have a daughter. Guess what, I can still budget for 500 dollars. Learn to budget.

Seriously. Guarantee they make as much as my wife and I do. Entitlement generation at its best, folks.

Seriously. Guarantee they make as much as my wife and I do. Entitlement generation at its best, folks.

Plus, I am pretty sure the majority of us, if we needed 500 dollars, would find a way (Work, sell, barter, etc). Thing is, If I owned this record. I would totally turn it into a bowl. 

the real question is why the fuck is this record worth $500? has this been sold before like anywhere? this seems like it could've been in a dollar bin at a record store

edit: just checked popsike and the last time this was sold was last year for $330, still a crazy price for a nobody band

the real question is why the fuck is this record worth $500? has this been sold before like anywhere? this seems like it could've been in a dollar bin at a record store

edit: just checked popsike and the last time this was sold was last year for $330, still a crazy price for a nobody band

Not crazy at all due to its scarcity and possible historical mark as a protopunk band. Just because you never heard of the band doesn't mean it's a "nobody band." I'm sure that garage/psych collectors are very familiar with The Deep Six. My stepfather was in one of those bands that you refer to as a "nobody band" and I was surprised to find out how many people knew of the band, especially since they came from a small Northern California town, and wanted their 7" The last time I saw one of the 7"s sell on eBay, it went for $870.

That being said---I don't condone cyber panhandling in any form. Put that shit on Paypal and make payments.

We are just trying to get it crowd funded that's all.  If 500 people gave a dollar we would have it without any problem.  I am definitely super cheap.  When you start racking up all of the bills, $500 sounds pretty out of the picture.  As far as people arguing about who our dad is in the pictures, I'm pretty sure my wife's dad knows who he is lol.  Plus the whole family looks like him... big and ugly.  haha don't tell my wife.  But seriously, those pics are definitely him.  I am trying to get more confirmation on the details from Ken Hitchcock (another original member) and trying to find more pics.  Its a cool story nonetheless and good music.  

I also appreciate the idea on the comps, but comps suck.  OG is where its at.  Glad you all are getting a rouse of it.  Its been entertaining and amusing.       

You're apparently too thick to read real suggestions, or just don't care because you want someone else to buy something for you.

If something is important, you make it work. Just because something is hard, does not give you the right or privilege to ask for money from others while making shitty excuses.

I have sent this to so many people because no one can believe anyone is this much of a piece of shit. 

We're just broke and looking for help.  We want the record bad enough to pay $500, but we don't have it.  Parking tickets get paid on GoFundMe so I figured, why not?!  Again, we aren't noobs to LPs... we are just broke.

You're apparently too thick to read real suggestions, or just don't care because you want someone else to buy something for you.

If something is important, you make it work. Just because something is hard, does not give you the right or privilege to ask for money from others while making shitty excuses.

So everyone on GoFundMe is not working hard enough?  I feel bad for all of those folks who are losing family members in tragic accidents and trying to get wheelchairs for crippled infants.... Those folks should really work harder eh?  I contribute 10% to charity every month so that I can receive the same in return by folks who care.  If you don't care, then don't talk.  Its simple.    

We are just trying to get it crowd funded that's all.  If 500 people gave a dollar we would have it without any problem.  I am definitely super cheap.  When you start racking up all of the bills, $500 sounds pretty out of the picture.  As far as people arguing about who our dad is in the pictures, I'm pretty sure my wife's dad knows who he is lol.  Plus the whole family looks like him... big and ugly.  haha don't tell my wife.  But seriously, those pics are definitely him.  I am trying to get more confirmation on the details from Ken Hitchcock (another original member) and trying to find more pics.  Its a cool story nonetheless and good music.  

I also appreciate the idea on the comps, but comps suck.  OG is where its at.  Glad you all are getting a rouse of it.  Its been entertaining and amusing.

Didn't he give his wife's IG? Someone should tag her in this for shits and giggles.

So everyone on GoFundMe is not working hard enough? I feel bad for all of those folks who are losing family members in tragic accidents and trying to get wheelchairs for crippled infants.... Those folks should really work harder eh? I contribute 10% to charity every month so that I can receive the same in return by folks who care. If you don't care, then don't talk. Its simple.

Those are entirely different situations and you know it. Stop being a dense asshole.

You've been given a great alternative to begging in the comp idea, but you refuse to accept it.

I can't believe you aren't embarrassed to beg on the internet for something you don't need, but feel entitled to have given to you.

You should be ashamed of yourself, and I'm ashamed to be considered a part of the same generation as you. Eat shit, fuck off.