Cky - Volume 1 Repress. Urban Outfitters exclusive.

I bought 2, one for me and one for a buddy who is huge into CKY as a surprise gift. I left the 3rd, after spending $45 I didn't want to pony up any more. The last one is at the UO isn't the Tyson's Corner Mall in VA if that helps anyone.

How's it sound since he said it was low quality

How's it sound since he said it was low quality

I didn't get a chance to throw it on when I got back from the store last night.  I opened it to check out what color I got and then turned on the football game for a hot second and passed out on the couch soon thereafter.  I'll crank it up this evening, though I must say, it definitely looks like a bootleg after opening it. 

I want to buy the version Deron is putting out, but this whole situation seems crazy to me.  The UO version comes out, it finally starts hitting boards and social media, and then all of the sudden Deron is saying it's a bootleg and that he has a real version coming out and the PO will be up soon.  Then, a few hours later a PO is up.  I may be reading into this wrong, but it seems to be he saw this version catching wind, got pissed, and on the cuff decided to put one out himself since he claims to have the rights.  He doesn't even say when it will be released b/c PO's need to hit financing costs to press it.  It's like it was totally unplanned until last night.  I wish this band could just get along, b/c they put out such awesome music when they did.

Certainly seems that way. Pretty crazy. If his version was $10 cheaper I'd bite. Wonder how long that thing will take to see the light of day...

I don't know, but given the time it takes to get something pressed these days, I would say a year give or take, which is beyond the length of time you can submit a PayPal claim if you don't get anything.  My mind says yes, but the logical part of me is extremely leery.

This P/O from Deron is going to be hell unless he has his own pressing machine. This is going to blow up in his face, I love cky and would kill to have their discography on vinyl but I think this is going to turn out really bad. It seems like this is his way of under cutting the UO press and getting the money which yes, is rightfully his but c'mon dude right after he finds out that a "bootleg" press dropped he throws up a P/O that was probably never planned in the first place? I'm not sure I'd roll the dice on this and expect it to happen any time remotely soon.

Of course I'll eat a bag of shit if it happens with out a hitch.

I picked up a copy of this last night, and in all honesty, it sounds pretty fantastic... Definitely far from being "low quality". I don't even think it's fair to call it a bootleg, since from what I can gather, someone who used to be in the band had a hand in it being released. Im really not too familiar with what the whole cky deal is these days and who has the rights to what, but either way, it seems to me like he only wants to put out "his version" out of spite. Not really interested in spending $15 more on some bonus tracks and linear notes anyways.

uggggh so what do y'all think I should do then? I don't feel like driving 2 hours to a UO that might not even have it and frankly acoustic tracks and stuff make deron's sound a lot better

Give it some time, it'll show up online. The closest UO to me is 3 hours, I want this release too but I'm not driving to Syracuse for it. So just chill dude, it's not that serious hahaha However, I wouldn't recommend Deron's pre-order if you're bugging out about wanting it this bad.

Give it some time, it'll show up online. The closest UO to me is 3 hours, I want this release too but I'm not driving to Syracuse for it. So just chill dude, it's not that serious hahaha However, I wouldn't recommend Deron's pre-order if you're bugging out about wanting it this bad.

I mean I do want it and deron's definetly sounds more legit. I don't see anybody discrediting him calling it a bootleg. But I did put the order through on his, but now y'all got me thinking that its not gonna happen and I'll be SOL. 

Note to self: do not order things at 6am.

I mean I do want it and deron's definetly sounds more legit. I don't see anybody discrediting him calling it a bootleg. But I did put the order through on his, but now y'all got me thinking that its not gonna happen and I'll be SOL.

Note to self: do not order things at 6am.

The guy who posted the info about this press in the CKY group is close with Jess & Chad, and from what he said Deron most likely already got his check for this release. Deron is just trying to stir up drama, and I would highly recommend not buying anything from him.

Popped up on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Discogs, etc. within an hour of this post being created.

This is from a CKY group on Facebook

"Not sure if they'll be available online or not, for now I'd assume it's in-store. Urban Outfitters exclusive, pressed on random colored wax (really). I've had mine since early October and they were delivered to UO the next day, just been waiting for the word on when they'd be available to post the news. Not sure if this store got them and just put them out ahead of time, or if all of them have it available now and we just weren't informed. As soon as I get the all clear from Jess I'll post it on the social media accounts. If any of you want to check with your local stores and see if they have it, I'd call ahead first because I'm not sure if they've all got them stocked yet or not. It's a new vinyl master, specifically for this release. Not the same as the picture disc."

Which group is it if you don't mind me asking?

I ended up going to Urban outfitters this morning and grabbing one  but I am also taking a chance with Deron's press. I am really interested to see how this is going to play out.

ALSO: For anyone in the dfw metroplex wanting one of these, UO at Shops of legacy in Plano have 2 as of this morning.