Bill Cosby Charged in Sexual Assault Case

If it doesn't relate to music, I don't see the point in posting on here. I'm sure we all have our go to news sites to hear this shit.

It's posted in the everything else forum, where there are threads for movies, advice, even shitting on people/places/things, so I'm pretty sure this thread is just as valid.

It's posted in the everything else forum, where there are threads for movies, advice, even shitting on people/places/things, so I'm pretty sure this thread is just as valid.

but the post didn't even try to create any discussion. just a lazy ass link that we've probably all already seen on facebook or any website we've visited today. 

it's super annoying when people create a thread with a news link or even a preorder link as if to say "here you go... now you guys talk about it". 

but the post didn't even try to create any discussion. just a lazy ass link that we've probably all already seen on facebook or any website we've visited today.

it's super annoying when people create a thread with a news link or even a preorder link as if to say "here you go... now you guys talk about it".

Oh stop bitching. Here, let me hold your hand and post some of the content from the link, which requires a certain skill set to actually click it:

----------

The authorities in Pennsylvania announced criminal charges on Wednesday against the entertainer Bill Cosby stemming from a woman’s accusation that he drugged and sexually abused her at his home in a suburb north of Philadelphia, in 2004.

Kevin Steele, Montgomery County’s district attorney-elect, said that Mr. Cosby faces a felony charge of aggravated indecent assault. He said the investigation involved a “relationship” between Mr. Cosby and the woman, Andrea Constand, that came about from her work with the basketball team at Temple University, Mr. Cosby’s alma mater.

Mr. Cosby became a “mentor” and “friend” to Ms. Constand, Mr. Steele said, and at one point she went to his home in Cheltenham Township. According to the accusations, Mr. Cosby urged her to take pills and drink wine until she was unable to move, after which he committed the assault.

“The evidence is strong and sufficient to proceed,” Mr. Steele said. He added: “A person in that state cannot give consent.”

What are your thoughts on this matter?

----------

Does this make you feel better now?

Oh stop bitching. Here, let me hold your hand and post some of the content from the link, which requires a certain skill set to actually click it:

what was your intention? do you have something to say about it that hasn't been discussed to death? Dude is a rapist piece of shit. We've all seen the headline before you posted it here. 

Sometimes there's current event topics here that get some great discussion. I just don't know what else there is to say about this guy. I'm not the thread police or anything. 

The issue is going to be that each of these cases individually is going to be extremely difficult to prove.

As a person, it's pretty easy to look at the volume of accusations and arrive at a 'smoke there's fire' conclusion, but the legal system doesn't work that way.

I think that the best outcome you can expect is that a few of these will stick and he maybe gets hit with the deep end of the sentence for those offenses and then he just gets OJed in civil court where the burden of proof isn't the same.  

Honestly, I would be (pleasantly) surprised if he does any jail time.  It's disappointing, but if it makes you feel any better, he will likely live the rest of his short, unpopular, life mired in legal proceedings.