Fixing a Horizontal Warp?

I have a record with no visible vertical warping (i.e. the needle does not bounce up & down), however on the first song on each side the needle moves back & forth toward and away from the center of the record very badly at a certain spot on the LP. I've examined the LP and cannot for the life of me see anything indicative of what's going on on the vinyl itself. Is there anything I can do to remove or alleviate this? Since it's not a vertical warp I'm assuming the gadgets I've seen for clamping and heating the warp would not help in this case. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for all the replies!

It's really bad - the 1st song does not track and skips in the same exact spot each time the LP spins around to that spot, making it unlistenable. There's no effect further in on the LP. This still sounds like it's off-center? I'll see if I can figure out which way I'd need to file it - any advice on figuring this out?

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that impossible? I mean, if it's off-center on one side, than that inevitably makes it off-center on the other side, too.

I think it's the actual pressing that's off-center, not just the center hole. Has the same observable effect, though.

I took a tape measure to it and sure enough, near where I'm noticing the tonearm jump, I find that the distance from the edge of the record to the edge just across the center hole is a little shorter than other places on the LP. Am I right in assuming I'd want to gently and slightly file on the edge where it's a bit short to make it match?

....how does this solve his problem? Why would he do that vs buying a CD or mp3s...?

Technically, it would solve his problem because the turntable self-centers constantly while playing.

It's an absolutely ridiculous solution that has no basis in reality, but it WOULD technically make the record sound correct.

Yeah,replacing it is a silly answer anyway when it's a 5-10 minute fix.

I may just be confused, but wouldn't you want to file the longer end? Also don't just file it until it matches the other measurement. Remember on the opposite end of the record the hole would be too close as well. so just a little at a time. I've done it a few times.

Can you grab an accurate measurement off a known centered LP? At least it would get you in the ballpark. But again, don't just file the hole until you get the desired measurment.