The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

2 hours ago, downisthenewup87 said:

CSH likely delayed due to The Cars getting pissy about sampling usage....

http://pitchfork.com/news/65444-car-seat-headrest-lps-destroyed-because-ric-ocasek-wouldnt-authorize-a-cars-sample/

as someone who works in publishing, the company that represents ric ocasek to be exact, this happens quite often. there are a lot of disputes over sampling, unfortunately today, especially with the shit unoriginal top 40 crap, its a daily occurrence. 

3 hours ago, downisthenewup87 said:

CSH likely delayed due to The Cars getting pissy about sampling usage....

http://pitchfork.com/news/65444-car-seat-headrest-lps-destroyed-because-ric-ocasek-wouldnt-authorize-a-cars-sample/

Bummed about this as the only thing I had to have in this month's store. Hopefully the exclusive doesn't get scrapped altogether because of the delay. 

1 hour ago, twentytwo said:

Bummed about this as the only thing I had to have in this month's store. Hopefully the exclusive doesn't get scrapped altogether because of the delay. 

As bummed as you are, but I doubt the exclusive gets scrapped.   I'm more concerned that it's gonna be very difficult to get because the album will have been out for a month or so and everyone will have realized how brilliant it is (cause it is).

7 hours ago, downisthenewup87 said:

As bummed as you are, but I doubt the exclusive gets scrapped.   I'm more concerned that it's gonna be very difficult to get because the album will have been out for a month or so and everyone will have realized how brilliant it is (cause it is).

Looks like you are right! There was a tweet about it on their twitter page regarding whether this was canceled for this month and they said trust. So I am assuming its still on for Monday's store.

Edited by twentytwo

Bummer about CSH. 

18 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

My Pinkerton came today and the sleeve was beat to shit - large tear in the spine and the top seam completely split. Anyone have experiences getting replacement covers from VMP? Just emailed em.

My The National EP had a huge defect as part of the wax. No questions asked, they replaced it. Everything I have experienced and read about on their boards leads me to believe they will definitely take care of you. Just be patient as...

PkUnIUd__normal.jpeg VinylMePlease
**MEMBERS** Our main support person Paul is out sick :( expect delays responding to your support tickets
2016-05-13, 1:52 PM

5 hours ago, twentytwo said:

Looks like you are right! There was a tweet about it on their twitter page regarding whether this was canceled for this month and they said trust. So I am assuming its still on for Monday's store.

It is, but only the second LP (sides C/D) will be shipped in June. More details: http://blog.vinylmeplease.com/about-our-car-seat-headrest-exclusive/ 

Edited by ksuwdboots

38 minutes ago, McNutsack said:

Can some one tell me how much VMP is selling the colored edition of the new Flume record for ? Saw it posted on their Instagram. 

I'm not a member yet, and I'm curious if their prices are lower than elsewhere. Most pre orders for that record are $32 for the neat colored version. 

Flume - Skin (2LP Purple Marble Vinyl) (MUSIC) Download Card 5.27 ($27)

but it is sold out

37 minutes ago, McNutsack said:

Can some one tell me how much VMP is selling the colored edition of the new Flume record for ? Saw it posted on their Instagram. 

I'm not a member yet, and I'm curious if their prices are lower than elsewhere. Most pre orders for that record are $32 for the neat colored version. 

Either It's sold out or I'm blind cause I didn't see it in the store