OUT NOW: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World 2xLP | Metal Blade

28 minutes ago, nyhi said:

This leaked..

Though not bad right? Isn't official release tomorrow?

Well, it's shipping already from the label, so not really a leak. Probably just someone ripping their own CD. Not bad, since it's not months in advance, but even then that's not always bad (look at Nothing).

I always feel leaks are only bad, if the album is bad.

Edited by Thomas³

2 hours ago, omik11303 said:

I've been staying away from this release with so much else popping up, but for those that have taken the dive and listened to this in full, how does it stack up vs. their others? Might try to make an appearance at their release show close by and grab a copy if I'm into it.

i'd put it well ahead of RF, but i don't think it touches their old stuff. it's solid, but hasn't really wowed me. i think caspian has just about ruined this genre of music for me.

33 minutes ago, batman said:

i think caspian has just about ruined this genre of music for me.

I'd toast to that.  Obviously picking a favorite Caspian album boils down to personal preference, but they're one of the only post-bands I know of who are consistently moving in a direction of improvement with each record, and truly raising the bar with each subsequent release.  I'm still waiting for them to plateau.

Just now, The Butcha said:

4 tracks in and I'm digging this much more than Red Forest. Much more progressive. Some really cool guitar structures. Almost jazzy moments. A solid effort so far.

yeah it's definitely FAR better than RF, which came off very flat-sounding imo. this has some cool riffs, and has a much more punchier feel as a whole.

10 minutes ago, batman said:

yeah it's definitely FAR better than RF, which came off very flat-sounding imo. this has some cool riffs, and has a much more punchier feel as a whole.

I'm on the opposite end. I loved RF. 

I've listened to the new album twice, once with headphones.  I think it's solid, but I'm going to have to listen to it more.  Pressing quality is good.  Progression of the album I like.  Some songs really stand out to me, but there are a few I find really boring right now.