OUT NOW: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World 2xLP | Metal Blade

Eh, I just respect what he said and liked the pic rather than that atrocious mock up.

Still doesn't change anything though. Not willing to pay so much for a PO I will easily be able to get 3 months from now because it's the only option available to the US, with no US exclusive, for a reasonable price.

Sime people with negative reactions to the initial mock-up and the single significantly changed their tune when they heard the band reads this shit.

There's no reason for them to change their tune just to appease someone they've never met.

That said, I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying since apparently you think it's ok to charge ridiculous prices based solely on the number of records pressed.

i dont think there is a debate about what people can charge for something....they can charge whatever they want.  i did suggest that people would have less problem paying that amount for something more exclusive.

this band has provided countless hours of enjoyment to many of us, why would any of us want IFTCT to think that we didnt like them or their music? (or charlie and his art for that matter?), sometimes realizing your words arent in a vacuum is a bit of a shock i suspect, but also sometimes with repeated listens or with a true contextual understanding of the art opinions do change.

why would you care if posters "appease the band by being extra nice"?

i dont think there is a debate about what people can charge for something....they can charge whatever they want. i did suggest that people would have less problem paying that amount for something more exclusive.

this band has provided countless hours of enjoyment to many of us, why would any of us want IFTCT to think that we didnt like them or their music? (or charlie and his art for that matter?), sometimes realizing your words arent in a vacuum is a bit of a shock i suspect, but also sometimes with repeated listens or with a true contextual understanding of the art opinions do change.

why would you care if posters "appease the band by being extra nice"?

I'd just rather people be totally open about how they feel. I would hope the band would too. I mean, yeah, don't be straight up dicks about stuff, but criticism is ok to give. Like I said before, I don't have anything against the artwork overall and actually enjoyed the song. It's just hard for me to see people come in here and say "you guys are jerks." And then see opinions change so quickly right afterwards. Seems like people aren't being true to how they actually feel now.

As long as criticism is constructive (and I admit most of it before Charlie came in was not) I think most artists would appreciate it if they plan on being career musicians/artists.

no but there is something to be said about people and bitching about things.

Its like at work. People say shit about everybody behind their backs. They need to vent. They don't want to say it to their face, because their desire isn't to offend or ridicule or hurt the person's feelings, but at the same time... they still need to vent their frustrations.

Is it the healthiest way to cope? Probably not. But, it's human nature I think.

I'm all for people changing their minds if they actually DO change their minds...but this thread seriously went from entirely negative about this to entirely positive after homeboy said the band reads this shit.

I personally thought the new song was pretty decent and didn't love or hate the artwork, but I just want to make sure nobody is just trying to appease the band by being extra nice.

You're all entitled to an opinion and allowed to express it. The band isn't going to stop making music because a bunch of assholes on one site weren't crazy about one of their songs, and Charlie isn't going to stop making art because we hurt his feelings

Still think the font is atrocious. Don't really care though cause as a whole it's not really important. My main gripe is the price for the album. $35 for a 2xlp is a fucking joke. Don't give a fuck about an etching. Love the band, love Charlie, but it doesnt change my mind. I won't change it to appease anyone. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, so why even bother changing it. It's all subjective. I'm sure the actual album material will be good, but not $35 good for me. That's just my opinion.

it really is a shame that a new ITTCT album is turning us all off.

Really a shame. This is an event we should all be salivating over and celebrating and throwing so much money at.

Think about it... if there were 3 US variants, all priced at $22.99, i probably would have bought all of them. Plus a shirt. And the Cd.

The band and label just lost out on like, $100 from me because they chose a shitty single form release and over-charged for it.

That link was removed.... was it just the 2 pictures they posted, asking about demand for the imports?

They really fucked this one up big time. They could have done /500 and those would still all sell out here. I know I would buy both. This record is going to slay.

\\

Also, fuck you guys for posting about Tarantel. I was SUPPOSED TO STOP SPENDING MONEY THIS WEEK ON MUSIC. I seriously hate you guys. I mean, I love you for introducing me to this music, but good lord... my wallet hurts.

Getting the colored "From Bone to Satellite", CD versions of Ephemera and S/T... probably some more. Ugh. I hate this music sometimes. lol

For those from US interested in the limited colored variants, ITTCT has just posted this:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153466001221316&id=90810021315

LInk doesn't work. I think this one is the same story:

https://www.facebook.com/treescouldtalk/posts/10153466001221316

Good God I'm just ready for this PO nonsense to be done with.  I'm not cancelling my euro POs yet because if they DO get any of those colors over in the US, I can't see it being very many, so they'll sell out almost instantly, I'm sure.

I saw Charlie at a show on Sunday and talked with him for a minute.  He sounded like the band was also surprised at the lack of variants for this album and was possibly going to approach Metal Blade about that.  He suggested what I was thinking, a blood red variant.  I would drool all over that!

Good God I'm just ready for this PO nonsense to be done with.  I'm not cancelling my euro POs yet because if they DO get any of those colors over in the US, I can't see it being very many, so they'll sell out almost instantly, I'm sure.

I saw Charlie at a show on Sunday and talked with him for a minute.  He sounded like the band was also surprised at the lack of variants for this album and was possibly going to approach Metal Blade about that.  He suggested what I was thinking, a blood red variant.  I would drool all over that!

This goes along with what Mike told me via email.

That they knew it was just the black for the US, but if Metal Blade caught enough flack for it, then they'd probably do something.

Why they didn't fucking do it in the first place is the question. Dolts... the lot of them!

This goes along with what Mike told me via email.

That they knew it was just the black for the US, but if Metal Blade caught enough flack for it, then they'd probably do something.

Why they didn't fucking do it in the first place is the question. Dolts... the lot of them!

Simple answer: Metal Blade sucks.