New Vinyl Collective Site Update

2 hours ago, AllFuzzedOut said:

So weird.  Color hurts my eyes.  I can't figure out how to reply to a personal conversation.  Having a really hard time figuring out which topics have new posts.  And I am not getting email updates for threads I follow.  Was it really that bad before?  Like, why change something after it was a certain way for years.  I hate when sites and apps and iTunes feel the need to fix something that ain't broke.  I had no problems with the old site except for that weird phishing warning.

Working on a custom CSS sheet with less bright colours, should work better than the current eye burning theme.

9 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Some just have the perpetual saving when you hit reply. Any reason why that it?

I have that problem as well, but I havent used it on a computer yet (only on my phone and ipad). It seems to be able to send the message when I hit refresh. Like, it will say sending and ill refresh and it would have sent. Stupid, but i hope it helps.

2 hours ago, RhoBearToe said:

Yeah, that's how I used the site too, see if there are updates on the topics I've posted in and then check out the new stuff to see if there's anything new I'm interested in. So all of that stuff is gone? Is that what the activity streams are supposed to be used for? Or will there be a way to once again view just the topics I've posted in?

Also, the site keeps logging me off, anyone else having trouble with that? I've had to log on like 3 times in the half hour I've been online already today.

I think it's all gone. The only thing I can think of is to add the stuff I want to read to "following", which is pretty annoying

48 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

I think it's all gone. The only thing I can think of is to add the stuff I want to read to "following", which is pretty annoying

I thought that too, but I don't think that's going to work either. I started following a bunch of topics and then went to the activity stream for content I follow, and it's not updating properly there either. So I don't know if we'll be able to use the site like we did before at all. Which will probably lead to me not coming here at all anymore unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

I thought that too, but I don't think that's going to work either. I started following a bunch of topics and then went to the activity stream for content I follow, and it's not updating properly there either. So I don't know if we'll be able to use the site like we did before at all. Which will probably lead to me not coming here at all anymore unfortunately.

Yeah, I might set up notifications for the amazon deals threads but beyond that I definitely won't be using the site if the update stays like this. I understand the glitches right now but its the fact that it didn't need an update in the first place that kinda pisses me off

The contrast is really poor.  No real excuse for using bright neon green on white.  If you want to match your logo's colors, you can cheat and use a darker version of the green and it will achieve the same sense of unity.  Or use a neutral complimentary color like dark grey.

Also, on mobile, the LP/speech bubble on the new logo at top looks A LOT like an alert bubble with a zero in it.  I clicked on it twice thinking it was some alert that needed to be cleared.

• jhulud locked this topic