*** PLEASE READ: About the new VC*****

21 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Hi

I can delete it by Placing my cursor after it and then pressing delete/backspace twice. I am using chrome. What version of chrome and operating system are you using?

I will test and debug the other issue.

Gentoo Linux (3.4.9 kernel) and Chrome 50.0.2661.102 (64-bit).  I've tried the double backspace with no luck.  Selecting everything and hitting delete doesn't seem to work either.

Edit : also, thanks for looking!

Edited by jonrawks

2 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Gentoo Linux (3.4.9 kernel) and Chrome 50.0.2661.102 (64-bit).  I've tried the double backspace with no luck.  Selecting everything and hitting delete doesn't seem to work either.

Edit : also, thanks for looking!

Do you see the lines of the quote changing to blue if you click on them?. uCqMOMbcwCRWtBCOuKBuXSW6JQr_8d-wFuPXEG8C

I am able to select the quote then hit delete.

Can you try this?   

16 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Do you see the lines of the quote changing to blue if you click on them?. uCqMOMbcwCRWtBCOuKBuXSW6JQr_8d-wFuPXEG8C

I am able to select the quote then hit delete.

Can you try this?   

It'll delete the text within the quote box, but not the actual box.  Hitting delete after the text is removed doesn't do anything further.

OygYIOdl.png

2 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

That did it, thanks!  Guess it was user error!  I will say that it's not the most intuitive way to do it, but it works!

Ok Im glad it worked and  its not user error, it should work by just using backspace. It must be a little bug with Linux. 

On 2016-06-21 at 8:23 AM, futures said:

Hi i just tried to edit a thread and utilize the size option to make my edited text stand out, but i noticed that no matter what size i switched it to, the text stayed the same.

Testing. you're right.

Will look into this as soon as I can..

Replyboxissomehowfuckedonmobile.It'sverticalandalsoinvisible.Andapparentlyspacesdon'tworkeither?NotsurehowmessedupthiswilllookuntilIpostcauseIcan'tseeasinglethingI'mtyping

EDIT: yeah just like that.  But yet after I reply, I can go back and edit and the reply box is back to normal.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

Great.  Now I can't even reply like normal.  I now have to quote someone, then reply with just the quote, then edit the post to say what I want.  Which really sucks because I'm sure that means that whenever I quote someone, they'll get a notification and it'll be pointless.

like I said, this is just on my phone.  At least I think.  Won't be able to check on my laptop until tomorrow.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2016 at 9:35 AM, HectorSRCVINYL said:

Testing. you're right.

Will look into this as soon as I can..

You can't delete a quote box on mobile. And if you try a new post, the remnants of a last message (not posted) appears - including a past quote box. I am on the Silk browser on Amazon Fire.

Also- can we no longer find out what peoples previous usernames were if said users change their usernames?

• 1 month later...