Preoccupations (fka. Viet Cong) - S/T

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It's a CD rip, mate.  Not some shitty copy of an advance stream or something.  But by all means, do what you gotta' do.

Good to know - but really it's because I'm old and still look forward to and adhere to official release dates for the most part. As much as it can be hard to wait, I like the anticipation and find it especially hard to cave for the things I'm most excited about. And especially if I've pre-ordered the item. I like my first experience to include checking out the artwork. If for some reason I'm disappointed in the leak, it makes me regret my purchase before I even get it. 

Get off my lawn! :lol:

Yeah, just a warning, I just got attacked by malware after clicking the secretly Canadian link on the  secret distribution site. After a quick shut down, I think -_- I'm alright but I'm not going to give my money to a site that at best doesn't care about the security of their site, or it's customers. 

16 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Yeah, just a warning, I just got attacked by malware after clicking the secretly Canadian link on the  secret distribution site. After a quick shut down, I think -_- I'm alright but I'm not going to give my money to a site that at best doesn't care about the security of their site, or it's customers. 

LOL

4 hours ago, ksuwdboots said:

VMP (Vinyl Me Please) just announced an exclusive version of this on blue vinyl, limited to 500, for $21. Available in their member store beginning 8/16.

I'm already preordered for the clear bundle but I'll definitely be grabbing the blue as well. Should go well with the album artwork.

Just a heads up, Secretly Canadian are launching a new subscription series and will have an exclusive pressing of this LP on "taupe" vinyl. I'm unsure of pressing numbers but was told the Secretly Society pressing would be the most limited: https://www.secretlystore.com/preoccupations-preoccupations

I signed up for the 3 month subscription, it comes out to $20 (shipped!) per LP and the first record they're issuing will be Angel Olsen's new album which is also fantastic. 

9 minutes ago, spoon said:

Just a heads up, Secretly Canadian are launching a new subscription series and will have an exclusive pressing of this LP on "taupe" vinyl. I'm unsure of pressing numbers but was told the Secretly Society pressing would be the most limited: https://www.secretlystore.com/preoccupations-preoccupations

I signed up for the 3 month subscription, it comes out to $20 (shipped!) per LP and the first record they're issuing will be Angel Olsen's new album which is also fantastic. 

Awesome! I was thinking the other day when VMP announced the blue vinyl that someone needed a tan one to match the cover art as well.

I really want to bite on this but $60 is giving me pause. Not the biggest Angel Olsen fan. Hmm.

Definitely know what you mean, I probably wouldn't have bitten if I weren't already considering ordering the new Angel Olsen LP.

It sounds like they'll be reaching back to previous releases from the Secretly Canadian, Jagjaguwar and Dead Oceans roster (Bon Iver, Women, War On Drugs all come to mind) so I'm excited to see what they announce for that. There should be an official announcement Monday so maybe they'll shed more light on pressing #s then.

5 hours ago, spoon said:

Thanks!  I jumped all over this because I love Angel Olsen and Preoccupations but do you know if we'll be getting the 7" with this membership too?

8 hours ago, spoon said:

Interesting. Wish there was a cheaper option though, and I don't like the idea of receiving records I don't know. I don't have enough space for things I may or may not like. Would love this taupe variant but I'm already getting the clear and probably the blue from VMP, so I'll skip this club.

I really have never liked the idea of exclusive club releases. It's fine if there's a cheap way to join the club, but otherwise eh. 

Edited by jeromium

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Apparently if you're not into Angel Olsen very much (like myself) you just need to buy a subscription before Oct 1st in order to receive Preoccupations + Nov + Dec.

Here's to hoping I like those two releases more!

Before Oct 1st but AFTER Sept 1st, I assume? Or maybe even later than that, e.g. Sept 10th or 15th?

Edited by ksuwdboots

• 1 month later...