Pokemon Go

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Does this really work? I thought it was based off GPS and not just the phone moving.

It works off GPS and pedometer. But the way that they set it up, the GPS is much, much more accurate. The best way to track kms is to not do repetitive patterns, and hit pokestops as you go. The whole ceiling fan and turntable trick is incredibly slow. It works, but poorly.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

It works off GPS and pedometer. But the way that they set it up, the GPS is much, much more accurate. The best way to track kms is to not do repetitive patterns, and hit pokestops as you go. The whole ceiling fan and turntable trick is incredibly slow. It works, but poorly.

At least the turntable seems like a less dumb idea than people taping their phones to fans

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

I was hoping someone would tape it, turn the speed on too high, and it would go flying off. Haha.

I can say without a doubt this has happened.

My favorite pokemon go story is the dude whose girlfriend caught him cheating because a bunch of his pokemon were caught at his ex's house.

4 hours ago, PRINCE said:

Hit lvl. 20 today, I hit up my usual Dratini nest I have been hitting nearly every day this week, took today off of work so I hit it around 12 and caught about 6 dratinis within 2 hours. The highlight though was when we all of a sudden heard someone yells out S-N-O-R-L-A-X from across the park, insane seeing about 40+ grown adults running as fast as they can to the corner of the park, ended up being a 1750 Snorlax, my second one but man it was fun!

Yo I am playing this game wrong i swear that is so cool you got a 1750 snorlax; i still haven't seen one. 

Tonight the two 10k eggs I've been walking for three days hatched.......an evee and my 6th omninyte. :/

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm currently testing this out since I won't be walking much for a few days after a car accident. Otherwise, tricking the system makes the game seem like it would be way less fun. I enjoy the hunt for pokestops and tracking km's.

That said, I hatched an egg or two at my desk a couple days ago from a GPS glitch.

It couldn't find me so my character kept wandering off and running back. 

4 hours ago, deafening said:

I'm currently testing this out since I won't be walking much for a few days after a car accident. Otherwise, tricking the system makes the game seem like it would be way less fun. I enjoy the hunt for pokestops and tracking km's.

That said, I hatched an egg or two at my desk a couple days ago from a GPS glitch.

It couldn't find me so my character kept wandering off and running back. 

It uses GPS displacement which means it check your gps, then says this is point A, several minutes later it checks again, creates a Point B then measures the distance between those 2 points.

8 minutes ago, deafening said:

This has apparently been debunked.

Instead of speed, it measures by a distance limit of ~300m. If you go over the distance limit in 60 seconds then it will not count.

So basically bikes and stuff are useless too unless you're going walking speed. Would this make it to where running wasn't as effective either? Like what if you're running circles around a pretty small loop with multiple pokestops? Also does the game track steps while you have menus open; if I'm looking through my pokemon or trying to catch one and still running does it track my steps?

this whole egg thing is really ambiguous 

18 hours ago, dkrtz said:

Yo I am playing this game wrong i swear that is so cool you got a 1750 snorlax; i still haven't seen one. 

Tonight the two 10k eggs I've been walking for three days hatched.......an evee and my 6th omninyte. :/

I have a theory that using 10km eggs in blue incubator leads to better results. I just got a strong Electrabuzz from a blue container and a weak ass Shellder from the reusable orange container.

I'm also willing to bet this game gimps players who refuse to purchase anything. The same guy who was giving me shit for buying coins hasn't gotten anything cool in the last week and he's been playing significantly more than I have. These are just random ass theories I have, I can't prove either.

5 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Damn, son. It's over 100 today and tomorrow, so I'm not doing shit. Then I won't be able to go anywhere next week cause my truck will be in the shop. </3

bummerrrrr.

I also snagged a slowpoke and a couple bulbasaurs. Woo!

Considering evolving my highest level charmander to charmeleon...meh.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

bummerrrrr.

I also snagged a slowpoke and a couple bulbasaurs. Woo!

Considering evolving my highest level charmander to charmeleon...meh.

I would honestly wait. What level are you? Odds are you'll get a higher Charmander so you'll get an even higher Charizard out of it later.

Evolved some pokes because I got tired of waiting.

• cp1,659 Vaporeon (had to train up an evee after accidentally transferring my other vaporeon I had to make it right
  • cp1,337 Golduck (he is a ttly "1337" duck d00d)
  • cp1,105 Tentacruel
  • cp1,027 Dewgong
  • cp922 Weepinbell
  • cp897 Electrode
  • cp872 Cloyster
  • cp815 Persian

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I would honestly wait. What level are you? Odds are you'll get a higher Charmander so you'll get an even higher Charizard out of it later.

19. Highest charmander is like 470 cp though, so it'd be a pretty high Charizard if I ever did it. (also I honestly don't care about the gym battling stuff all that much.)

Had a pretty good day. Caught my first Cubone (I tried to catch one my first day playing and it froze every time. Thought that was gonna be it.)  Slowpoke, Squirtle, Clefairy, Shellder, and Metapod, filled my bag to the brim with balls, and hatched a couple of non impressive eggs.