WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

Guest deleted

I haven't been waiting around for this, but if they knew the server would take at least 48 hours, why not tell people this up front.

But alas, they totally know what they are doing, love the shit-show and even negative hype.  

Hehe this is fun.

I'm happy they got so popular. I just hope they don't let the crybabies win and start doing random variants ala Mondo. That will be the end of my Waxwork love affair, not 504 errors.

If they do random after this I'm done with them also

Also, why don't we have pics of the variants yet?

I'm a weiner?  I am just confused on why someone would just stop buying releases because it's harder to get the "special" version.

Do I love special releases? Hell yeah!

Would I prefer to get them? Of Course!

If an album I wanted came out and variants were random, would I still buy it? HELL YEAH!

Not to justify, but just to explain.  If I am paying $30+ for a specialty vinyl pressing of a Soundtrack, I like being able to pick what I'm buying as far as aesthetics.  That's all.  I buy soundtracks from Deathwaltz, Waxwork, Mondo, OWS, and other less-specialty makers too. I just prefer to pick what I'm purchasing.

If the price was $15, sure, I'm paying your basic price for music I enjoy on a medium I like, let 'em press 999 on black and 1 super-var and I'd still buy it.

I just don't like the idea of spending $30 on a gamble and potentially getting a variant I don't like, black or otherwise.  I buy plenty of 180g black records even when there are variant options, but, it's because I choose to, not because that's what happens to show up on my doorstep.

If they do random after this I'm done with them also

Also, why don't we have pics of the variants yet?

Probably because, like all Waxwork releases, they aren't pressed yet. Maybe the variant test presses aren't even done. Or they were lackluster. Or haven't taken the time to photograph them under the hot white light they use to make the vinyl appear brighter or more tranclusent than they actually are. It's Waxwork. Take your pick.

I just hope they don't start doing random variants ala Mondo. That will be the end of my Waxwork love affair

They started out doing random variants for three releases. Its only been since Creepshow that you could choose your own adventure. I've never read anywhere that this was a philosophical shift and I'd bet that since the rush to get the /100 variants is essentially what's crashing the site that's the thing that could steer them back to their random ways.

They started out doing random variants for three releases. Its only been since Creepshow that you could choose your own adventure. I've never read anywhere that this was a philosophical shift and I'd bet that since the rush to get the /100 variants is essentially what's crashing the site that that's the everything that could steer them back to their random ways.

True. I guess in WW's case they are still a step up on Mondo because the variants are all variants. I was more than thrilled with my neon-green Re-An, despite how "rare/desirable" the glow became.  Ah well, in the end it doesn't matter.