A tale of colored vinyl, heartache & healing.

74R

This is kind of a long story but I think it's pretty amazing & have been meaning to share it for awhile now. Every detail in this story is true. I have not changed the names of the people involved because no one is innocent. Any way, here goes:

It's hard to believe you can lose the love of your life over a silly record but that's exactly what happened. Light In The Attic records lead me to believe I ordered a black vinyl version of a Lewis record when I knew I had ordered pink. I only wish this were as insignificant as it sounds. 

A month or so later I realized it was their fault & not mine & emailed them this message to let them know the pain their mistake caused me:

Dear my ex-favorite label,
I wrote you awhile ago because I received a black vinyl Lewis Romantic Times record but was convinced I had ordered pink. You managed to point out to me that my receipt showed that I did not order the pink version.
While perusing your website today, I see that you still have the pink option available to order despite it being listed as sold out at the bottom of the record's description. This helped ease the pain of my broken heart when I was unable to give the love of my life his favorite record on pink vinyl for Valentine's day.
All this time I had blamed myself but I should have been blaming you. I hope you're happy. Gary has left me and taken the dog with him. 
I know you can't bring Gary back but I had to email you. If, for no other reason, than to give you a chance to fix this error on your website and prevent another poor soul from suffering as I have. I feel as if my heart has been torn out of my chest, dipped in sulfuric acid and fisted by satan himself. 
Like a testicle without a sack, I am hanging on by only a thread. Just dangling. 
My only hope is to hold on long enough for my WHITE vinyl copy of Songs From Suicide Bridge to show up so I have something pretty to listen to while I off myself. Unless you lied to me about that too!!!
Unkind regards,
  :(  x  

Alone & miserable, I eventually learned to move on from this tragic incident. Several weeks later & quite unexpectedly, I received a large package in the mail. While I have accepted many large packages in the past, this one contained the greatest surprise I have ever received. Inside the box was advanced copies of the Songs From Suicide Bridge LP, a handwritten letter, a Light In The Attic bandana, patch & best of all, a pink vinyl copy of the Lewis record!!!
Here's the letter they sent me:

smaller_letter.jpg

Armed with this new evidence, I booked a flight to Puerto Rico where Gary was on vacation with my ex-hairstylist & dog kidnapping co-hort Phuong aka bitch master flex & confronted them. Needless to say, Gary forgave me & we got engaged right then & there! FIREWORKS!!
Of course I had to thank LITA for reuniting me with Gary so I sent them a picture of the two of us lovebirds with a letter of thanks written on the back of the photo:

combo.jpg

And that's our story! I hope you enjoyed it. I also wanted to say that everyone should support Light In The Attic Records because they truly are amazing! Thanks for reading! TOODLES!

I can't help but feel like the real reasons behind the break up and make up didn't quite make it into this story or I at least hope that's the case. I mean if it really was all about a record not being the right colour then I have no idea why you would want to share your flimsy relationship for online scrutiny.

Wow. You guys can't tell this story is a joke? Sorry I thought you would find it funny.

I sent a ridiculously over the top email to a record label to let them know of an error on their webpage and they played along and sent me a record and some extras. Then, as a thank you, I sent them a photo and thank you note. 

I would like to think that the person working for the record label found this to be funny and was entertained by it. I'm sure they receive a ton of bitchy nitpicky complaints from overly sensitive record collectors all day long and thought they'd appreciate something different. 

Lighten up people.

10 minutes ago, 74R said:

Wow. You guys can't tell this story is a joke? Sorry I thought you would find it funny.

I sent a ridiculously over the top email to a record label to let them know of an error on their webpage and they played along and sent me a record and some extras. Then, as a thank you, I sent them a photo and thank you note. 

I would like to think that the person working for the record label found this to be funny and was entertained by it. I'm sure they receive a ton of bitchy nitpicky complaints from overly sensitive record collectors all day long and thought they'd appreciate something different. 

Lighten up people.

this is exactly how I read it, haha. save for the slight suicide comment, I thought it was a fun read. the label playing along was great.

yall gotta loosen up a bit lol

47 minutes ago, 74R said:

Lighten up people.

well the issue is that this forum is full of those bitchy nitpicky complainers tbh

1 hour ago, 74R said:

Lighten up people.

A lie is not a twist. 

You said every detail is true, why would I think it was a joke?

I am missing the part where the label was funny. Plus suicide and international adoption aren't really laughing matters. 

11 minutes ago, tellallyourfriends said:

At least have the decency to send back the black copy that you conned the label out of. 

A common trait among stupid people is to assume others are as stupid as they are. I'm pretty sure the label realized my email wasn't serious. I'm sorry you couldn't figure that out. I didn't mean to toy with your emotions.