PO Soon: Father John Misty - Pure Comedy (March 31, 2017)

46 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Bull Moose will have the 7". I just placed my order with them!

where did you see that as the website states...

"TAKE NOTE: LP orders through Father John Misty’s Official Store, megamart.subpop.com, Bella Union and select independent retailers will receive a limited 7” single featuring the first physical release of fan favorite “Real Love Baby” on the A-side and the as yet unreleased track, “Rejected Generic Pop Song, March ‘15 #3” on the B-side (while supplies last)."

EDIT: I see bullmoose updated the listing that includes the 7 inch...

Edited by KingTacoMunster

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

where did you see that as the website states...

"TAKE NOTE: LP orders through Father John Misty’s Official Store, megamart.subpop.com, Bella Union and select independent retailers will receive a limited 7” single featuring the first physical release of fan favorite “Real Love Baby” on the A-side and the as yet unreleased track, “Rejected Generic Pop Song, March ‘15 #3” on the B-side (while supplies last)."

On Twitter BM stated they'll have some while supplies last.

1 minute ago, jact16 said:

Can someone please tell me the difference between the deluxe and regular one? I feel like an idiot but I read both bios and they looks the same?

Regular-just includes the 2 x 12" black LPs with 1 of 4 random covers

Deluxe-   2 x 12" LP on aluminum and copper vinyl
• Features a die-cut, customizable jacket with 4 interactive “background” sleeves (s
o you can have whatever sky you damn well feel like as the cover)
• All encased in a clear slipcase
• Fold-out poster

• Exclusive holographic HA card included

4 minutes ago, patty_d_27 said:

Regular-just includes the 2 x 12" black LPs with 1 of 4 random covers

Deluxe-   2 x 12" LP on aluminum and copper vinyl
• Features a die-cut, customizable jacket with 4 interactive “background” sleeves (s
o you can have whatever sky you damn well feel like as the cover)
• All encased in a clear slipcase
• Fold-out poster

• Exclusive holographic HA card included

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I would think anything placed today would get it.  The good thing about BM is they won't charge until it ships.  

usually indie record stores get like 4 of these indie exclusives granted BM is a pretty big indie retailer.  

I ordered from both subpop and BM but I really want that 7 inch so I'm going to try to get a confirmation that I am indeed getting the 7 inch from BM so I cancel the subpop order.

1 hour ago, idioteque... said:

usually indie record stores get like 4 of these indie exclusives granted BM is a pretty big indie retailer.  

I ordered from both subpop and BM but I really want that 7 inch so I'm going to try to get a confirmation that I am indeed getting the 7 inch from BM so I cancel the subpop order.

Depending on how limited it is.  When Local Natives did their 10" promo it was "while supplies last" and I'm pretty sure everyone that pre ordered from Bull Moose got one.  

1 hour ago, jact16 said:

Sub pop said they would officially announced when they ran out of that exclusive. That or they would just remove the detail from their site that says it's available. Either way when it's gone, it'll be noted. 

But that is in regards to sub pop's website and their inventory.

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

Depending on how limited it is.  When Local Natives did their 10" promo it was "while supplies last" and I'm pretty sure everyone that pre ordered from Bull Moose got one.  

That's terrific.  I thought it was more of a run the jewels scenario where it was 4 but I also contacted Bullmoose and they assured me if you had ordered by today or before I tweeted them then you should be good.  Hopefully I don't get screwed or anything.  BM was the better option, they tend to ship earlier, you get points and it's cheaper.  I remember subpop shipping out both of my beach house records the monday after the friday last year and it was very frustrating.

14 hours ago, aaalethalenforcer said:

I'd jump on it fast if you want that 7" though. I feel like those "while supplies last" bits can go really fast.

EDIT: I only read the first page like an idiot and didn't realize how many people repeated the same words I just said. Regardless, I ordered through Sub Pop and am hoping for the 7". If I don't get it, I may send an email citing the original phrasing and see what happens.

Edited by HoneyFrosted

4 hours ago, davey said:

Anybody who hasn't yet pulled the trigger on the deluxe want a 10% off code to FJM's webstore? I just got a single use code that I probably won't use... PM me!

EDIT: Claimed.

I have a code someone can have also

Edit: gone

Edited by KingTacoMunster