NFL Discussion

Look at it this way, you're an idiot for thinking the entire game plays out the same way if that safety doesn't happen. If that safety doesn't happen everything changes; the Pats keep possession and literally everything that happens after that, as a result, also changes. I'm not saying the outcome changes, but the game does. So, your theory of a two point differential in the waning moments doesn't hold water.

And besides, that's not even the play that will stand out, as you claim. Had you actually watched the game, you would know there were several critical sequences that happened in the last five minutes of the game that had more impact on the outcome. None of which I'll mention here as you probably stopped reading by now.

Look, it really doesn't matter. I don't even know why I'm arguing your nearsighted point. Worse Super Bowl ever or not, Giants are still champs and that's all I care about.

how can you credit the entire 08 super bowl to david tyree and not do the same for manningham last night? in real time, it seemed like a joke that it was called a catch. then the replay came up and my stomach spilled all over the floor.

and wes welker wasnt far off from causing the exact same reaction.

speaking of welker, i think its ridiculous that so many people are putting blame on him. that would have been an all-time great if he came down with it. but i look at the physics of that play, and even if he did actually hold onto the ball, it seems impossible that he wouldve held it after hitting the ground.

I can honestly say I couldn't care less who wins the Super Bowl.

Go........ Patriots?

Apparently, you already made up your mind about this game long before it ever started. And according to the majority of what I've read (espn, si, ap, usa today, etc), most agree that this was a fantastic and thrilling Super Bowl.

Hopefully we can agree on one thing. the halftime show was far better than last years black eyed peas. though, they really need to step it up with talent. did they hire the booking agent for sea world?

I was wondering what the halftime sounded like on TV. There were so many effects on Madonna's voice that I don't think anything natural was coming out of the speakers by the time it reached our ears. Really odd. Her intro was really cool but I'm tired of choirs - overall it was better than last year but pretty forgettable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I definitely don't hate Gabbert. I guess i was looking at it more from an off field angle, the Jaguars need to fill seats if they're going to remain in Jacksonville and Tebow would help them out a lot there.

Also personally i just find Tebow more entertaining to watch than Gabbert at this stage of both their careers.