PO: Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

I miss when the target exclusives were the same price. It was my go to for all main stream/non limited releases. Wait for the buy 2 get 1 sale, stock up on all the titles I missed over the past 6 months. But with them charging 25% more than the artists' website, the sale's not really that exciting anymore. The past few Taylor Swift releases have been $10-12 bucks more than her webstore prices. 😕

25 minutes ago, kylet said:

I miss when the target exclusives were the same price. It was my go to for all main stream/non limited releases. Wait for the buy 2 get 1 sale, stock up on all the titles I missed over the past 6 months. But with them charging 25% more than the artists' website, the sale's not really that exciting anymore. The past few Taylor Swift releases have been $10-12 bucks more than her webstore prices. 😕

I get it, but consider the following:

1. The shipping charges from Taylor’s site are gonna be way more than Target’s. That’s where they’re making up the missing margins. 

2. Get the Red Card and save 5% on all Target purchases. There’s a debit version so you don’t need to apply for a credit card. Also shipping is free with Red Card purchases. 

I bought the Black Dog version and my final total was $47.44. I just added the Target version to my cart and with my Red Card, the total would be $44.72. Obviously the only changes where YMMV are sales tax. 

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

I get it, but consider the following:

1. The shipping charges from Taylor’s site are gonna be way more than Target’s. That’s where they’re making up the missing margins. 

2. Get the Red Card and save 5% on all Target purchases. There’s a debit version so you don’t need to apply for a credit card. Also shipping is free with Red Card purchases. 

I bought the Black Dog version and my final total was $47.44. I just added the Target version to my cart and with my Red Card, the total would be $44.72. Obviously the only changes where YMMV are sales tax. 

Yeah we have the red card too. I'm New York so just shy of 9% sales tax. Target still ends up being a little cheaper in the end, just miss when those prices were comparable and target wasn't trying to make up for "missing margins". Made that buy 2 get 1 so much more exciting. 

She would be really smart to not make the other variants available again. That would force everyone who didn't get one to buy the available versions, and it would ensure that the next time she does these "limited and timed" sales, the amount of copies she'd sell would be even more insane. Her team always keeps us guessing, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't follow past marketing strategies. Still hoping for some signed ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I read a post by The Veronica's who encouraged people to buy each variant separately to maximize chart shit. They at least provided free shipping, so it had no effect on the consumer.  I had never heard of this. That is why Taylor is making everyone buy versions separately and then putting all up at once later. My theory is that even the canceled orders will still count toward sales. Maybe my tinfoil hat needs replacement, but that is my theory.

31 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I read a post by The Veronica's who encouraged people to buy each variant separately to maximize chart shit. They at least provided free shipping, so it had no effect on the consumer.  I had never heard of this. That is why Taylor is making everyone buy versions separately and then putting all up at once later. My theory is that even the canceled orders will still count toward sales. Maybe my tinfoil hat needs replacement, but that is my theory.

That was probably me on The Veronicas. They’re trying to crack into the U.S. market a bit more nowadays. The free shipping is cool & they only did two variants in their webstore. 

What’s funny they was pointed is that Billie’s last album had 8 variants. But I get what she’s saying about the excessiveness by other major artists. 

• 2 weeks later...